DVDVR Message Board

2017-18 NBA: FIRST HALF

Dolfan in NYC

5 hours ago, Zimbra said:

We do have one example of Blake snapping and punching someone, and as I recall he broke his hand and missed a bunch of games.  Guys with glass bones shouldn't throw punches.

Bjelica put Aron Afflalo in a Nolan Ryan-grade headlock after Afflalo swung on him last night.  I don't know what's going on but the NBA is getting real chippy these days.

Bjelica getting ejected too was bullshit. Afflalo tried to Rudy T him, he dodged and grabbed the guy in a hold to restrain Afflalo/protect himself.

Rockets beat T-Wolves. Rockets are 2-0 when Ryan Anderson dunks, 16-0 when Harden, Paul and Capela play together, and 31-0 when the Rockets outscore their opponent.

Of course, it would be nice to have Ariza and Gerald Green for the Dubs on Saturday. I don’t think I’ve ever seen the Rockets with everyone available.

Fuck Blake Griffin.

That Wolves/Rockets game was super fun. Gordon is criminally underrated.

Not the best game from the T Wolves, but KAT has really upped his game on the defensive end.  

That team is so much better when Jeff Teague is hurt. That dude has terrible court vision.  It's just such a drag watching him pound the ball while Butler sets up in the corner. The offense is way more dynamic with Butler handling the ball and Tyus Jones stretching the floor.

15 hours ago, Zimbra said:

Congratulations to NBA all-star JOEL EMBIID and I guess some other guys, too.

I'm going to be forced to comfort Rihanna after he so blatantly disrespected her.  Rih Rih, you deserve better, and by better I mean a broke ass short dude who you've never heard of, but will appreciate you for the beautiful woman that you are.  

Rihanna posts here right?

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

On 1/17/2018 at 9:19 PM, Lawful Metal said:

Blake Griffin is a total bitch who took a shot on the Rockets 66 year old coach and then called the cops when the Rockets tried to confront him about it. Fuck him and Austin Rivers.

Most people don't know that he gets clowned by JJ BAREA at least twice a year too.

Rockets win season series with Golden State and kill their road winning streak. Harden clowns Curry at the end with a step back three and then a block on a three on the next possession. 

and the Rockets were missing a starter and a key bench scorer in Ariza and Gerald Green because of those bogus suspensions. During the game they showed Griffin hitting D’Antoni out of bounds. What a bitch.

Rockets are 17-0 when Harden, Paul and Capela play together. 

15 hours ago, Niners Fan in CT said:

Good game.  I laughed so hard when Curry passed up the easy layup to kick it out for Klay to brick a three.   Sometimes it's okay to take the layup morons.

That describes the game plan of like every college team I've seen live this year. Seriously it's just such stupid terrible basketball. I enjoy women's games more at this point because the teams work to get easy baskets, not get the ball inside so you can kick it out for a low percentage shot. I remember I used to laugh at people like Bob Ryan who said 3 pointers ruined the sport but I have to conceded that he does have at least somewhat of a point.

From Woj on Twitter:

Bucks made move on Kidd based upon dropping into the 8th seed in the East, frayed relationships in organization and general non-alignment, league sources tell ESPN. Bucks job will be most sought after of offseason, largely because of @Giannis_An34.

2:06 PM - 22 Jan 2018

KUUUUUUUUUUUUUUZZZZZZMMAAAAAAAAAA!!!!!

Lakers knock off the best team in the league with pretty much every Laker in the last minute at the free throw line playing like they had bet a ton of money against themselves.  Seriously 2-6 in the last 30 seconds?  

As a Laker fan, nothing is better than a big win that Lonzo Ball has nothing to do with since his dad won't say shit.

• Like 2