DVDVR Message Board

2017-18 NBA: FIRST HALF

Dolfan in NYC

5 hours ago, Jrag said:

People might think that, but that play was more of a Dougie is slow situation. Poor Kanter.

How high will Jimmy Buckets finish in the MVP vote?  The Wolves could win 55 games this year! That would be a crazy leap.  KAT is playing good defense all of the sudden and the league might be in trouble.

FWIW, Basketball Reference has him 10th on the MVP tracker (Harden is far and away the favorite with a 66.7% chance to win right now)

So, Lorenzo Brown played 19 minutes for the Raptors tonight after being called up from the D league earlier in the day.

Before being called up, he played 35 minutes in an afternoon game in the D League. So he logged 54 minutes of action Thursday. 

So the Raptors trounce Cleveland, almost beat the Warriors with one hell of a second half comeback, and then get pretty close to losing to double digits to the 76ers before making it respectable in the end. Though to be honest with the way the Raptors were playing I think they simply just had no interest in playing basketball at noon on a Monday.

Lot of trash talking during and after the game.  Apparently CP3, Harden and Ariza etc. tried to enter the Clippers locker room after the game looking for Blake and Austin Rivers.  LAPD was called.  Hilarious.  Blake at one point during the game bumped D'Antoni.  Funny stuff all around.  Shaq and Barkley loving it.  

• Haha 1

The Wojo story is so full of subtly snark it is amazing

http://www.espn.com/nba/story/_/id/22116253/houston-rockets-push-la-clippers-locker-room

My favorite parts

In the aftermath of a cantankerous loss to the LA Clippers, Houston Rockets forward Trevor Ariza and stars Chris Paul and James Harden marched through a back corridor and into the Clippers' locker room late Monday night, suggesting that they wanted to confront Clippers players Austin Rivers and Blake Griffin, league sources told ESPN.

Trevor Ariza's Mamma thinks he is a star!

Ariza was described as the first one through the door, with Paul lingering in the back, witnesses told ESPN.

Way to call CP a bitch Wojo

"It was classic NBA," one Clipper witness told ESPN. "None of these guys were going to fight."

As the drama unfolded later, Rockets center Clint Capela walked down the main corridor and banged on the front entrance to the Clippers' locker room, league sources said. Soon, a Clippers staff member opened the door and looked up to see Capela, a formidable 6-foot-10 figure standing in the doorway.

She shut the door in Capela's face. For a few moments, Capela stood there, unsure how to proceed. Before long, Capela walked back to the Rockets' locker room, showered and headed for the bus with the rest of the Rockets.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

Sending in the Swiss to negotiate while you sneak in the back.  Smart.

CP3, Harden, and Ariza are not dudes that I generally think of as being, in the words of Stephen Jackson, about that life.

14 hours ago, Zimbra said:

CP3, Harden, and Ariza are not dudes that I generally think of as being, in the words of Stephen Jackson, about that life.

If they really wanted to fight Blake they would have brought someone bigger.

One day Blake is going to unleash the pent up rage from that one time when Z- Bo choked him.

The dude has been taking cheap shots his whole career. Draymond is always sticking his tounge out at him.  I'm calling it now, Blake G is going to snap and knock someone out on the court one day.

We do have one example of Blake snapping and punching someone, and as I recall he broke his hand and missed a bunch of games.  Guys with glass bones shouldn't throw punches.

Bjelica put Aron Afflalo in a Nolan Ryan-grade headlock after Afflalo swung on him last night.  I don't know what's going on but the NBA is getting real chippy these days.

• Like 1