DVDVR Message Board

2017-18 NBA: FIRST HALF

Dolfan in NYC

Man, the Bulls have been red hot. The offense and ball movement is off the chart. It really is along the lines of Golden State, without that level of talent.

Mirotic continues to play out of his mind. Markannen just put up a career high 32. Portis and the rest of the bench are stepping on throats. When Lavine gets in on this, sky’s the limit for this team. 

I’ve always been of the opinion that before you can judge Hoiberg, you need to give him a roster that can play his style of basketball. Rose, Gasol, Noah, Jimmy, Rondo, and Wade didn’t fit that description. These kids do. 

I think you’re finally starting to see what “Hoiball” is and Its damn fun to watch.

Plus, the development of some of the young guys like Dunn, Val, and Portis is undeniable. 

It would be pretty foolish to show him the door at this point .

I hated Hoiberg because he had no idea how to coach what he had. No they didn't give him what he needed with the roster, but he was still inept with it. I like to see a coach be versatile. I loved Thibs, but he still had one gear and it drove me nuts.  However, this team has gone from playing the worst fucking basketball to being one of the hottest so I'm willing to give Hoiberg some more slack.

Anyway The Finnisher War Journal continues. Watch him go coast to coast with behind the back dribble. I feel like people are just letting him look good. No way that play should have happened.

4 hours ago, jaedmc said:

I hated Hoiberg because he had no idea how to coach what he had. No they didn't give him what he needed with the roster, but he was still inept with it. I like to see a coach be versatile. I loved Thibs, but he still had one gear and it drove me nuts.  However, this team has gone from playing the worst fucking basketball to being one of the hottest so I'm willing to give Hoiberg some more slack.

Anyway The Finnisher War Journal continues. Watch him go coast to coast with behind the back dribble. I feel like people are just letting him look good. No way that play should have happened.

Nice to see his 3 point shot coming back. 

I cannot imagine what the spacing is going to look like when you insert Zach Lavine into this lineup.

These Pelicans fans are delusional.   IF  the Pelicans are going to trade AD,   Boston has the most to offer and no it does not have to include Tatum.   Pelicans fans think Boston should give up a top 5 pick,  Jaylen Brown,  Jason Tatum,  Terry Rozier and more picks for Davis.  

Why on earth would Boston have to give up that much?  No other team is going to offer anywhere close to that.  Ainge isn't stupid.  If this deal gets done Ainge will make sure the cupboard isn't bare. 

His shooting percentage is still all over the place but it's come a long way since the first two months of the season. I was in awe of him in the summer league and now he's starting to put things together. That layup through 3 Cavs including LeBron at the basket was gorgeous. Not as gorgeous as that dunk. Dude gets insane air for 6'3".

Utah Jazz, Portland, and now the Pistons look like the top three contenders for Mirotic.

Derrick Favors and a protected 1st rounder looks like the most likely deal, but who knows. 

Also Zach Lavine will play Saturday against Detroit. Excited to see where he's at.

People might think that, but that play was more of a Dougie is slow situation. Poor Kanter.

How high will Jimmy Buckets finish in the MVP vote?  The Wolves could win 55 games this year! That would be a crazy leap.  KAT is playing good defense all of the sudden and the league might be in trouble.

6 hours ago, jaedmc said:

Bro that sucks you don't get to see Harden or Dame. Have fun.

I'll have to figure out when I'm going to a Bulls game. Maybe something against the Celtics.

Dame played, and played well.  Chris Paul and Eric Gordon played better.  Fantastic game, and my little man is undefeated when he goes to Rockets games.  I should get season tickets.  CP3 went for 37, including a layup in the waning seconds after it was already settled.  This is apparently bush league.  This pissed off Dame. 

https://twitter.com/World_Wide_Wob/status/951299180252860416