DVDVR Message Board

2017-18 NBA: FIRST HALF

Dolfan in NYC

I am 100% trading Niko to some bum team for picks. Nothing he does this month will sway me. Maybe as we get closer to the deadline I'll give it a second thought, depending on how he plays with Zach Lavine and some other factors, but he's totally on the block for me.

If we're not going to tank(and I'm fine with that because I'd like to actually enjoy watching my team play) then he's got to be out the door.

5 hours ago, Jrag said:

Niko will average 6 points a game in January and I will laugh at this convo. I hope i'm wrong.  Fell in love with the guy as soon as he came over, but i seriously doubt he will ever develop into a consistent player.  The NBA season is just too long for him.

Idk man, this feels different.

Its not like he’s just having a hot shooting streak. Its effort and you can see it in all aspects of his game—defense, energy, offensive and defensive boards, post game. Plus he put on 20 pounds of muscle which allows him to be more physical and steady.

We’ll see. But this doesn’t not feel like mid-March hot shooting streak Niko. 

21 minutes ago, jaedmc said:

I am 100% trading Niko to some bum team for picks. Nothing he does this month will sway me. Maybe as we get closer to the deadline I'll give it a second thought, depending on how he plays with Zach Lavine and some other factors, but he's totally on the block for me.

If we're not going to tank(and I'm fine with that because I'd like to actually enjoy watching my team play) then he's got to be out the door.

See, I would think you would only get rid of him if the intention is to tank. 

Harden goes for 51, but CP3 goes out with an adductor strain and the streak is over. It’s been a great run, first loss since 11/14. Hopefully we get healthy soon and CP3 isn’t out too long. We knew they wouldn’t stay undefeated the whole season, but they sure looked awesome and dominant these last 14 games.

and good on the Lakers. NBA is always more interesting when we can hate on the Lakers. And if anyone still remembers from way back when, I really hate the Lakers.

KUUUUUUUUUUUZZZZZZZZZZMAAAAAAAAAAAA!!!!!!!!

Man, fuck Lonzo.  He isn't even the best rookie on the team, much less the man to bring the Lakers back to contention.  Ball is getting all the attention, but Kuzma is the one actually bringing it.  I couldn't even tell you the last Laker rookie who impressed this much right out of the gate.  It legit might be Eddie Jones or Nick Van Exel.

Best win of the season for LA by far.  Ended the best team in the league's 14-game winning streak on the road.  They've shown flashes of this but they usually have enough of a lapse for it all to collapse (and shit, they just about had another one in the final two, up 11 to almost a one possession game in 90 seconds.) 

• Like 1

Lonzo makes the right decision with regularity. Great vision, great rebounder and a better defender than he has any right to be at this point (rookie PGs generally complete trash on D). I don't see how anyone could hate on him as a player this early in his career. He just can't shoot.... yet. 

Kuzma is balling though, yes. If we were redrafting this class he would obvously go much higher. I would still draft Lonzo 1 though.... maybe Mitchell depending on need. 

For those of you who are wondering what bit of refereeing insanity benefitted a New England team THIS time.

Rockets had a 26 point lead in the 2nd quarter, and the Celtics came back to be down three with 10 seconds left.

Inbounds, Tatum breaks to the hoop, alley-oop, celtics down 1 with 7.3 to go.

On the inbounds (Rockets have no timeouts), Smart basically gets in Harden's face and instead of Harden running around him or getting someone else the ball, Harden extends the arm in a push off. Smart sells it for what it's worth (it was a foul, but he made SURE it was going to be called a foul). Offensive foul on Harden, Celtics ball.

Celtics have no timeouts, but inbound to Horford who backs in twice, throws up a half-hook shot from about five feet and scores. Celtics lead by 1.

Harden had gotten a bit wrapped up with Smart (Smart was going in for a potential rebound on Horford's shot, grabs the ball, and kinda jabs it into smart twice, trying to create some space (Note, Harden is not the inbounder, he just wanted Smart to Get the hell away from him).

Ref finally gets the ball from Harden (avoiding the delay of game penalty) and hands it to the Rockets inbounder. Smart AGAIN face guarding Harden who apparently thinks "The ref just made a game changing call last time I pushed off, so there's NO way he'll do it again!" and runs into Smart twice, knocking him down the second time, and yes, Mr. Harden, the ref did it again.

Hilarious ending to the Celtics/Rocket game.

Watching Marcus Smart outwit Harden at his own game was bittersweet. I don't enjoy watching Smart or Harden manipulate the refs and my disdain for Boston sports' teams is well-noted.  However, I get a kick out of James Harden, of all NBA players, complaining about the refs after these types of losses.  Rockets made 9 field goals total in the second half. Everything else? Free throws.