DVDVR Message Board

2017-18 NBA: FIRST HALF

Dolfan in NYC

I know it's early and they'll get their shit together, but wow, Thunder are off to a rough start.  After losing to the worst team in the league tonight, they now have played 10 games and have yet to beat anyone from the West.  Meanwhile the Knicks are off to one of their better starts in years...  I'm sure it's only a coincidence.

KP is such a monster this year.  I just watched the encore on MSG.  Close game in the 4th.  He nails a 30-foot 3-pointer.  Next time down the court he fakes at the top,  gets the defender up in the air and in two steps he's at the rack rolling it in as the clock expires.  Oh and he's playing pretty good defense too.  

16 hours ago, Ryan said:

So, if he stays healthy somehow, does this magically make us better, worse or who the hell knows, wait and hope and see?

Who knows?  He's probably a better player than Monroe, but doesn't really fix the defensive or shooting issues.

14 minutes ago, jaedmc said:

Sure. But it's kinda awesome when Joel Embiid does it.

If he really wants to impress me he should actually manage to play in more than half the games in an NBA season without going down with a major injury.

Bulls stole one from Charlotte last night to get their coveted THIRD WIN OF THE SEASON.

Kemba Walker scored 47. 

Kris Dunn, the last game, was named a starter. He answered that by scoring 3 points on 1-11 shooting. For the Charlotte game, he was coming off the bench again annnnnnd decided to 10-16 with 7 assists. Please play like that forever. He had some killer crossovers last night.

Here's a highlight that shows Kemba's last shot to  FOR THE WIN. He beats two guys but THE FINNISHER COMES THROUGH.

• Like 1

Lakers should have had no trouble beating the Bulls but after getting their asses kicked for about 30 minutes, I'm glad to see them respond in kind the last 18.  

NBATV is the dirt fucking worst though. They fucking put up a split screen so I can barely see what is going on so I can see old guys blab about Lonzo Ball.  I like Lonzo.  He doesn't deserve 90% of the coverage he is getting, and I think he actually might get a lot better when people stop putting a microscope under him.  He needs to never shoot a 3 again though.