DVDVR Message Board

2017-18 NBA: FIRST HALF

Dolfan in NYC

15 hours ago, sabremike said:

What's the over/under for when he suffers a significant injury, 21 games?

Hey, those 21 games will be amazing and he can still clown people on twitter from the bench so I'm good.

9 hours ago, sydneybrown said:

Hey, here's a sentence I never thought I'd write:  The leading scorer on the Golden State Warriors tonight was fucking SWAGGY P.

For what it is worth, Swaggy P is an exceptional offensive talent.  The problem is everything else about his game, personality, and life.  

On 10/17/2017 at 6:58 PM, Dolfan in NYC said:

BuLOLs

Got an 8 game suspension. I don't know much about the Bulls, is Portis so good/important that he couldn't be cut and had his contract terminated for his behavior? 

Yeah, it's not like we want to win games or anything this year. This is not sarcasm.

Bobby has shown some upside. He's been kind of battling with Christiano Felicio for the last year or two. At one point Felicio took all of Portis' minutes. Then Felicio took a step back and the move down the depth chart lit a fire under Portis. 

He could still develop and contribute somewhere, so it's hard to out right cut him for nothing since he has actual value, especially when we're rebuilding. Flipside of that though, is that I don't see him being a major part of the organisation after the rebuild(whenever that is, lord satan help me), so I'd cut him just because I ain't got time for a guy who breaks my starter's face over some basketball.

Shit he almost broke Jimmy Buttler's hand off a high five last year. Remember that shit? Jimmy was not happy.

butler.gif

I kinda like the adjustments to the Houston Homer gimmick. Will be interesting to see if it still has legs after the All-Star break.

More details about the Portis/Mirotic beef. Apparently several players kinda don't mind Mirotic was punched in the face. https://chicago.suntimes.com/sports/bulls-suspend-bobby-portis-for-eight-games-after-fight-with-mirotic/

God this season is going to be awful.

• Sad 1

It's only one game but Lauri Markkanen could  probably leap frog Mirotic and Portis by the time they get back. Not to say he was some revelation, but if he can approximate what he did last night consistently, it's already an improvement.

Robin Lopez is our best player. This is the fucking world I live in right now. Maybe I'll league pass Timberwolves games and just pretend they're the Bulls.

• Like 3