DVDVR Message Board

2017-18 NBA: FIRST HALF

Dolfan in NYC

First real games are this week. No better way to start the season, than this quote from Charles Barkley:

"I have to get on TV and fake it for seven months that it’s not going to be the Warriors and Cavs in the finals again."

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

East:

1. BOSTON

2. Cleveland

3. Toronto

4. Milwaukee

5. Wizards

6. Hornets

7. Pistons

8. Sixers

I feel like Boston gets the 1 seed for the same reason the Hawks did a couple of years ago. They are actively trying to, while Cleveland will coast once their position is secure.

West:

1. GSW

2. Rockets

3. Thunder

4. Spurs

5. Wolves

6. Clippers

7. Nuggets

8. NOLA, Dallas, Jazz, Blazers, Grizz lol pretty much the crapshoot that it always is in the west for the 8 spot. If you twist my arm though, I say Blazers get the 8.

5 hours ago, Zimbra said:

I thought I could not get more hyped and then Embiid got cornrows and called his minutes restriction 'Fuckin Bullshit.'

LET'S DO THIS!

What's the over/under for when he suffers a significant injury, 21 games?

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, Burgundy LaRue said:

Sweet honey, poor Hayward. That was nothing short of awful.

That was fucking disgusting. I didn't want to think that's what it was, but you can definitely hear his leg snap. FUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUU

• Sad 1

Well that just truly sucks. For him, for Boston, for the NBA... Just everybody.

There's a .gif that crops the actual injury out but let's you see most of the instant reactions from the players on the court and the Cavs bench, and even that's disturbing as hell.

I know saying Skip Bayless can go fuck himself is a cliche, but even if he's just a gimmick, using the Gordon injury to make a LeBron joke?  Fucking beyond pathetic. 

Hey, here's a sentence I never thought I'd write:  The leading scorer on the Golden State Warriors tonight was fucking SWAGGY P.