DVDVR Message Board

THE 2017 NLCS: CHICAGO @ LOS ANGELES

Dolfan in NYC

You think Ron Darling is good? Oook.

I don't understand how TBS's broadcasts are so shitty (shoddy camera work, the garbage pitch tracker, bad commentary), but the studio show is so much better. Well, except for J-Roll, the studio show is better. Rollins has shit for brains.

8 minutes ago, Craig H said:

You think Ron Darling is good? Oook.

I don't understand how TBS's broadcasts are so shitty (shoddy camera work, the garbage pitch tracker, bad commentary), but the studio show is so much better. Well, except for J-Roll, the studio show is better. Rollins has shit for brains.

Ron Darling is very good, and since I watch him call 150+ games a year I would know. Him, Keith and Gary are among the best local broadcast teams in the league. Also since you want to run Joe Maddon out of town I just want to say that I would crawl over broken glass to make him the next Mets manager  (The obvious problem is that even if he was available the Wilponzis wouldn't be willing to pay him).

• Like 1

Who said anything about running him out of town?! I would just appreciate it if he would quit overmananging or making incredibly dumb moves in the postseason. I'm starting to understand the gripes from Rays fans now. Joe is largely fine during the regular season. He's been a dumpster fire in the postseason. It's been really bad and if you've been watching, there's a stark, stark contrast between the job Roberts is doing and the job Maddon is doing.

Of course it also doesn't help that nearly every player for the Cubs can't hit for shit right now.

I was going to say....his questionable pitching decision in the ninth hasn’t changed the fact that they’ve scored 3 runs in the last 18 innings.

Last year he was criticized for riding Chapman. This year people want him to ride Davis. 

Dude, the pitching isn't the biggest issue. The bats have been sleepy for the large majority of the post-season. This primarily falls on the heart of the line-up doing jack and shit at the plate. The defensive mistakes don't help either.

The nice thing about the Cubs is their young core will be around for a long time and they should be one of the better teams for the foreseeable future. The pitching staff may change a little bit going forward and, yeah, the bullpen needs strengthening.

It doesn't help that when the bats are dead Joe makes infuriating pitching decisions. Eh, whatever, it was a fun second half of the season, but this whole season has felt like an extended World Series hangover.

What an insane ridiculous asshat of a call. How does a 3rd base umpire overrule a home plate umpire on balls and strikes? Like how?

Anyway, hopefully the 2nd roll through of the Dodger pitchers allows the Cub’s bats to wake up.

• Like 2

In the post game presser Joe said that the ump said they heard two sounds, which is ridiculous. There's video replays everywhere that clearly show that Granderson whiffed on his swing. It's not even that close.

At least it didn't influence the game like Joe Mauer's fair ball that was called foul.

• Like 1

Yeah, just saw that. Well, what a time to talk yourself into something and cover your eyes from what is on the video board than in an elimination game. Even if the roles were reversed and it was LA on the verge of elimination, it's still the same giant pile of bullshit that should never happen. Ever. Everevereverevereverever.

But this is baseball and we have to have the human element. How stupid.

“That can't happen,” Maddon said. “The process was horrible. To have that changed, and if Granderson hits the next pitch out, I might come running out of the clubhouse in my jockstrap. That was really that bad. So you can't permit that to happen. The process was wrong.”

Love that man.

Welp, it was fun while it lasted. Next year should be better and more exciting. Going to be an interesting offseason.

Best of luck Dodgers, but honestly, I hope the Astros fuck you up.