DVDVR Message Board

THE 2017 NLCS: CHICAGO @ LOS ANGELES

Dolfan in NYC

As if things couldn't get any weirder, the Cubs' flight to LA was diverted to Albuquerque due to a non-player medical issue... and then their flight crew timed out so they had to get brand-new personnel to fly the rest of the way. Woof.

Yeah, it's been just a hell of a week for them. The postponed game was bad enough so that regardless of which team won, they're only getting 1 day off before the LCS. Then you add this bullshit on top of it and, yeah, not great. I was pretty confident that we'd get the Cubs against the Stros in the World Series, but man, I don't know now.

Dodgers are going Kershaw, Hill, Wood, Darvish

Cubs are going Quintana and then ????

John Lackey was the other option for Game 1 so maybe he pitches Game 2 but they haven't said anything

Edit - Reading another story, Joe Maddon said he "believes" Jon Lester will be ready for Game 2

For the record, watching the highlights after Puig bat flipped for his double, the next at bat, he stood there fully expecting to get plunked.  He seemed genuinely surprised by it being a regular fastball strike.  

I'm not sure why I think that's funny, but I do. 

47 minutes ago, Craig H said:

Ron Darling fucking sucks. I HATE these games being called on TBS. Darling is like a really sucky character from the Office.

I wish this place had a downvote for posts like this.

• Like 2