DVDVR Message Board

[NXT] October 11, 2017 TV SHOW

RIPPA

Peyton Royce defeated Nikki Cross and Liv Morgan to earn a spot in the NXT Women's Championship match at TakeOver: War Games  (Taynara Conti - at Undisputed Era's urging attached Nikki Cross to cost her the match)

Velveteen Dream defeated Lio Rush

Lars Sullivan defeated Danny Burch

The Street Profits defeated Damien Smith & Markos Espada

Andrade "Cien" Almas defeated Johnny Gargano

Royce with a freakin sweeet fisherman!

First time seeing Lio... and damn he reminds me of young Rey Mysterio. Heck, he maybe more athletic and quicker. Can't wait to see more.

Ford seriously has the coolest frog splash.

Almas/Gargano are like the Brits; don't think they can have a bad match between them.

In the Ricochet/Rush interactions I've seen, Rush is noticeably quicker than Ricochet, who I thought was the quickest, most athletic wrestler today. Rush is definitely a guy who will be helped a tonne by the WWE machine in terms of psychology. He's going to be great.

Rush is only 22 and has such potential to be groomed into something special. However being destined to wrestle in the cruiserweight division and part of 205 Live seems like a dire fate. Patrick Clark is really getting locked into his character. If he stays in NXT long enough his face run is going to be super hot.

Burch/Sullivan was another chapter in the tough guys beating the hell out of each other saga and I am always cool with that. It will be interesting down the line to see Sullivan versus the next tier of guys like Ohno, Strong or Black. 

Women's three-way was kind of a mess. Just laid out awkwardly and the Conti interference just made it more clunky. I like Royce though and she should be fun in the four way. I do like the idea of Cole and crew sticking their nose in everyone else's business though and once again harassing Sanity.

Almas/Gargano was damn good. They got a lot of stuff in and their chemistry is really solid. Lots of nice counters and callbacks. A small touch of Almas taking the sucide dive with his back as opposed to obviously catching him was nice. Those knees in the corner could not have been fun at all. Happy to see Almas win as I thought a tapout was coming when the t-shirt distraction seemed to fail. Gargano can take the loss and this builds better than some more of the same with the WWE 50/50 booking. 

Seeing Lio actually get a match on NXT against Dream was like this awesome dream come to life.  Saw very little of Patrick in MCW but saw tons of Lio there.  Considering they were tag champs before and now they're facing each other just makes me smile.    I also got chills when Lio had that flurry of offense and the crowd erupted for that, that shit was cool.  Maybe they could have milked another few seconds off of that before Velveteen cut him off, but holy crap was it a great moment.

On 10/14/2017 at 6:37 PM, Godfrey said:

Topanga AND Sabrina the Teenage Witch are wrestling fans? Teenage Me would be very excited.

She’s(Topanga) dating former WWE writer Jensen Karp I believe.

• 4 weeks later...
On 10/19/2017 at 2:16 PM, mattdangerously said:

I get the feeling Street Profits are going to get really annoying, really quickly.

Street Profits are really the hip hop versions of Big Cass & Enzo.    And both on the same level in terms of skill.   Of course hearing Mauro saying stuff like "Nothing can stop them they are all the way up" in the whitest voice humanly possible will increase the dislike.  

• Haha 1