DVDVR Message Board

THE 2017 ALCS: NEW YORK @ HOUSTON

Dolfan in NYC

I believe this is the first time these two teams will face each other in the postseason.

Game 1 is Friday in Houston.   Dallas Keuchel gets the start for the 'Stros.  Sonny Gray will probably go for the Yanks.

7 minutes ago, Nice Guy Eddie said:

After Keuchel and Verlander, Houston's starters are not good. 

That's fake news.  Peacock and Morton both had really good years, and McHugh is good when healthy.  The starting rotation is strong.  

The bullpen, however...

16 minutes ago, mattdangerously said:

That's fake news.  Peacock and Morton both had really good years, and McHugh is good when healthy.  The starting rotation is strong.  

The bullpen, however...

I know about Peacock. I picked him up for two of my fantasy teams when he was in the rotation given his starter and reliever eligiblity. The Yankees beat up Corey Kluber twice, so they can get to Houston's staff. Win or lose, the Yankees have had a great year.

Schedule for now

Game 1 - Friday (10/13) 8 PM EST

Game 2 - Saturday (10/14) 4 PM EST

Game 3 - Monday (10/16) 8 PM EST

Everything else is up in the air because they need the NLCS matchup to be set first

Per Joel Sherman - the Yanks are going Tanaka/Severino/CC/Sonny Gray for their 1st 4 starters

Obviously subject to change as games are played

Stros have only announced Keuchel for Game 1 and Verlander for Game 2

Stros made one change to their roster - adding Collin McHugh (to bump themselves up to 12 pitchers) and dropped Tyler White

The Yanks ALCS roster is the same as its ALDS one

Altuve scoring on that play was all on Judge I think. His throw to 2nd wasn’t particularly hard, and why’d he throw it to second anyway? If he throws out Correa, Altuve still scores anyway. Dumb. Just like not even attempting to make a play at the wall on the Correa Home run. Just let that kid take it from him.