DVDVR Message Board

Sexual Assault and Harassment in Hollywood

John from Cincinnati

4 minutes ago, piranesi said:

I'd just like to take this moment to ask the fat alien nerd in charge to stop the simulation we're in. It's clearly a failure.

That will just get you taken out of the sim, and it will go on without you.

Unless that was good enough for you...?

22 minutes ago, Elsalvajeloco said:

If you talk to the daughters, wives, and girlfriends, I bet that rule has been shattered like a cheap baseball bat. You don't have to go very far to find potential victims.

Sad but true and even more pathetic is the number of women who take the "better her than me" stance when they choose to stand by their predatory spouses.

6 minutes ago, Zimbra said:

Everybody should have known Ben Vereen was bad news when he ran out on his son AGAIN and left Uncle Phil to pick up the pieces.

My faith in humanity has been justified by Zimbra cracking a Fresh Prince joke referencing Ben Vereen rather than cracking a Chicken George / Roots joke.

3 minutes ago, J.T. said:

My faith in humanity has been justified by Zimbra cracking a Fresh Prince joke referencing Ben Vereen rather than cracking a Chicken George / Roots joke.

Man, I only know 2 Ben Vereen roles off the top of my head and I am way too white to be cracking Roots jokes.

• Like 2
  • Haha 3

21 minutes ago, Zimbra said:

Man, I only know 2 Ben Vereen roles off the top of my head and I am way too white to be cracking Roots jokes.

At least you had the common decency to stay in your lane, man.

And to stay on topic, Oscar-winning filmmaker Paul Haggis.... COME ON DOWN~!

• Like 1

2 hours ago, J.T. said:

At least you had the common decency to stay in your lane, man.

And to stay on topic, Oscar-winning filmmaker Paul Haggis.... COME ON DOWN~!

For clarity purposes. Also:

It should be noted that on this very board when the topic of why Thandie Newton wasn't a bigger name came up several months ago, I brought up the fact that she has been outspoken on many subjects and also a traumatic experience she had with a director earlier in her career. Well, Haggis seems to have contributed another awful experience to that memory bank.

It's a chancy job, and it makes a man watchful . . . and a little lonely

On that topic, has anyone ever listened to any episodes of the original radio show? It was dark, man. I just heard one where it starts with Chester and Doc. looking out a window and they see Marshall Dillon riding into town and Chester is like: "There's the marshall on that horse with a pack...wait, that's not a pack. That's a man....that's a dead man....wonder who it is?"

It turns out it's a rich rancher Matt went to question about a poor sharecropper that was gunned down. The guy had a temper and it turned out he murdered the poor guy and went for his gun and the Marshall shot him.

So along comes the rich guy's mean old wife who wants revenge and she puts up posters offering $1000 to anyone who can bring her proof that Matt Dillon is dead. No questions asked how he died and you don't have to kill him...just prove he's dead. So the rest of the episode idiots are taking pot shots at Dillon. And then along comes another idiot on a horse riding toward him and starts shooting and Dillon fires and hits him...and it turns out it's a 13 year old boy.

And then there's this long death scene where they watch this child die and he's crying about how much it hurts and how his family is starving and he didn't have any choice. And, of course, it turns out that's the son of the poor farmer that was initially murdered and that's why the family is starving.

Yeah....that's prime time radio family hour in 1940.   FUUUUUUUCK!

• Like 4
  • Sad 1

I haven’t seen it mentioned here, but a former writer on Community, Megan Ganz, has called out Dan Harmon for “misconduct”. She’s pretty vague about it from what I can tell, but it involves Harmon having her phone number apparently. He made some lengthy tweets about it, and they went back and forth on Twitter too (nothing malicious though, he’s pretty apologetic and she’s trying to be the bigger person in the situation it seems).

23 hours ago, Execproducer said:

Pretty sure that dude was harassing Miss Kitty for years.

Peggy: Miss Kitty from Gun Smoke was a prostitute Hank. 

Hank: What?

Peggy:Think about it Hank, Miss Kitty charged too little for drinks, people were always going up stairs?

Hank: No not Miss Kitty. 

• Like 2

7 hours ago, Ryan said:

Wasn't he a raging alcoholic wacko at the time and possibly still? No excuses, just adds to his behavior issues.

Isn't he still?  He may be more self-aware than he was 5 years ago, but at least once a month on Harmontown he talks about how his friends give him reasons to stop drinking but they're not good enough.

On 1/5/2018 at 11:06 PM, piranesi said:

It's a chancy job, and it makes a man watchful . . . and a little lonely

On that topic, has anyone ever listened to any episodes of the original radio show? It was dark, man. I just heard one where it starts with Chester and Doc. looking out a window and they see Marshall Dillon riding into town and Chester is like: "There's the marshall on that horse with a pack...wait, that's not a pack. That's a man....that's a dead man....wonder who it is?"

It turns out it's a rich rancher Matt went to question about a poor sharecropper that was gunned down. The guy had a temper and it turned out he murdered the poor guy and went for his gun and the Marshall shot him.

So along comes the rich guy's mean old wife who wants revenge and she puts up posters offering $1000 to anyone who can bring her proof that Matt Dillon is dead. No questions asked how he died and you don't have to kill him...just prove he's dead. So the rest of the episode idiots are taking pot shots at Dillon. And then along comes another idiot on a horse riding toward him and starts shooting and Dillon fires and hits him...and it turns out it's a 13 year old boy.

And then there's this long death scene where they watch this child die and he's crying about how much it hurts and how his family is starving and he didn't have any choice. And, of course, it turns out that's the son of the poor farmer that was initially murdered and that's why the family is starving.

Yeah....that's prime time radio family hour in 1940.   FUUUUUUUCK!

Not to derail the thread, but Dillon was played by William Conrad,  AKA Cannon or Jake and the Fatman, who had that booming voice to get that character way over.

Good OTR stuff.