DVDVR Message Board

Sexual Assault and Harassment in Hollywood

John from Cincinnati

2 hours ago, supremebve said:

Demi Moore apparently made out awkwardly with a 15 year old back in 1982.  There is a youtube video that is umm....

Man, too bad the statute of limitations has long expired. She should probably have done hard time for making that one of the best birthdays of his life.

@J.T. The same thought crossed my mind also but Aly has always come across so well,  I think she's really going to go at this and try to make a difference.  She was calling out the current administration and the USOC etc..   she is fighting and I think very highly of the woman.  I hope she goes far with it. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

On 11/12/2017 at 12:11 AM, odessasteps said:

I think when Julie Schwartz died in 04, reading in whatever column Rich Johnston was writing at the time about Doran's decades-old interview with TCJ where she outed him and they chose not to publish, then wanted to after he'd died, and she was angry that they waited til he couldn't sue them to score points on a dead man, was the first time I was really, truly angry about a sexual harassment story and was the beginning of my path to really understanding it (which realistically took me another decade because I'm slow.)  Seeing people report that Valerie D'Orazio claimed Eddie Berganza was the person who warned her that Schwartz was a predator is even more fucked up.  "Stay away from that asshole so that I can abuse you instead."

Jesus.

You know what. Just to get this out there and get ahead of it here is a list of people who are left that I don't think have been accused of anything horrible who I will be devastated by if the are. I will cross them off as news breaks.

John Saxon
John Coltrane
John Pinette
Fred Gwynne
Donald Plesance
Anthony Stewart Head
Howard Hesseman
John Candy
B.B. King
John Vernon
Jeffrey Combs
George Carlin
Jonathan Winters
Roddy MacDowell
Peter Falk

Please, world. Just leave me these. I can get by with these.

• Sad 1

58 minutes ago, Cliff Hanger said:

I think when Julie Schwartz died in 04, reading in whatever column Rich Johnston was writing at the time about Doran's decades-old interview with TCJ where she outed him and they chose not to publish, then wanted to after he'd died, and she was angry that they waited til he couldn't sue them to score points on a dead man, was the first time I was really, truly angry about a sexual harassment story and was the beginning of my path to really understanding it (which realistically took me another decade because I'm slow.)  Seeing people report that Valerie D'Orazio claimed Eddie Berganza was the person who warned her that Schwartz was a predator is even more fucked up.  "Stay away from that asshole so that I can abuse you instead."

Ty templeton’s Bun Toons this week was about Julie.

https://tytempletonart.wordpress.com/2017/11/11/uncomfortable-for-everyone-bun-toons/

6 minutes ago, piranesi said:

Saxon is the one I have the least amount of faith in staying on the list.  Followed probably by Pinette.

Hopefully, Saxon got any bad thoughts out of his system by playing sleazy guys in the movies. #kayfabe #Mitchell 

34 minutes ago, piranesi said:

Jesus.

You know what. Just to get this out there and get ahead of it here is a list of people who are left that I don't think have been accused of anything horrible who I will be devastated by if the are. I will cross them off as news breaks.

Please, world. Just leave me these. I can get by with these.

There are only a finite number of people from my hometown who ever went on to accomplish anything of note: B.B. King and the dorm director lady from the first season of A Different World who was also on Sanford and Son back in the day and also won a Tony. 

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Elsalvajeloco said:

There are only a finite number of people from my hometown who ever went on to accomplish anything of note: B.B. King and the dorm director lady from the first season of A Different World who was also on Sanford and Son back in the day and also won a Tony. 

Oh shit now I'm just realizing that The Oracle from The Matrix previously married the whitiest white guy that was ever on Sanford & Son.

• Like 2

It's a strange thought, but I've also been working through coming up a list of potential Hollywood misconduct accusations that would shake me. I didn't come up with much of a list. Fuck them all. 

Please leave me:

• David Simon
  • Richard Linklater 

Anyway, Bill Burr stands with David Becky. Make of that what you will. At least he's honest. 

So that's another one that's not new. Didn't Jessica Biel talk about this YEARS ago??

Wait, nevermind, wrong shitty melodrama.

Anyway, my "leave me" list is basically Patton Oswalt, Michael J. Fox, Christopher Lloyd, and probably a couple others I can't think of.

17 hours ago, Zimbra said:

James Woods has been cancelled for a while for being a shitty, racist cokehead.

A cool thought I had while watching Baby Driver for the first time this weekend: I wonder if I've ever watched a movie that didn't have a rapist in it?

Or someone that's actively covering up for someone that's done that sort of thing.

13 minutes ago, Zimbra said:

At this point I don't think I can really be invested in anyone in Hollywood's 'goodness.' 

OK, maybe Tom Hanks, but that's it.

Ok, yeah. Add Tom Hanks and Kurt Russell to my list too.