DVDVR Message Board

Sexual Assault and Harassment in Hollywood

John from Cincinnati

31 minutes ago, West Newbury Bad Boy said:

A sex cult with branding that some people may see as satanic? Fuck me, Alex Jones is gonna let his freak flag fly when this crosses his heavily-papered desk...

....when does Alex Jones NOT let his freak flag fly?

• Like 1

Branded sex slaves?  What the fuck?

First The Unusual Suspects and now Smallville.  My childhood and my misspent youth are both slowly dying one movie and one television series at a time.

It's been decades since my high school Latin class but I think the organization NXIVM is named after a system of Roman debt bondage where you practically pay off a financial obligation by becoming an indentured servant to your creditor.

I guess no one told the head of NXIVM that in the Roman system. eventually you actually do get to buy your freedom.

30 minutes ago, Cristobal said:

....when does Alex Jones NOT let his freak flag fly?

I would listen to and laugh at InfoWars more often if he didn't break from his screaming monologues to shill his sketch health supplements every five minutes.

Multiple women have come forward alleging that Alabama Senate candidate and crazy person Roy Moore had sexual relationships with them when he was in his 30s and they were in their teens, the youngest being 14 at the time.

3 minutes ago, (BP) said:

It's going to be a huge bummer when he wins the senate race anyway. 

Surely all those pious evangelicals would never vote for someone who didn't live up to their strict moral cohahahahha, fuck I almost got through it.  

• Like 1
  • Haha 9
  • Sad 1

6 minutes ago, Zimbra said:

Surely all those pious evangelicals would never vote for someone who didn't live up to their strict moral cohahahahha, fuck I almost got through it.  

To paraphrase the defense logic of Harvey Weinstein made infamous in that Angie Everhart clip, "Oh, that's just Alabama."

14 minutes ago, Zimbra said:

Multiple women have come forward alleging that Alabama Senate candidate and crazy person Roy Moore had sexual relationships with them when he was in his 30s and they were in their teens, the youngest being 14 at the time.

I hate the old bastard, but those accusations are mostly a load of nothing.  Most of the women were over the age of consent in Alabama at the time, and none of them allege that he forced them to do anything or that their physical relationship went past kissing at all.  Creepy, sure, but nothing illegal happened.

Only one was actually below the age of consent and had the weird story about them stripping down and feeling each other up over their underwear.  And that one was so damn long ago, I just feel like it's not going to get a lot of traction or make much of a difference with the type of person that's going to vote for him anyway.

Just now, EVA said:

I hate the old bastard, but those accusations are mostly a load of nothing.  Most of the women were over the age of consent in Alabama at the time, and none of them allege that he forced them to do anything or that their physical relationship went past kissing at all.  Creepy, sure, but nothing illegal happened.

Only one was actually below the age of consent and had the weird story about them stripping down and feeling each other up over their underwear.  And that one was so damn long ago, I just feel like it's not going to get a lot of traction or make much of a difference with the type of person that's going to vote for him anyway.

Is defending creepy dudes preying on teenagers really how you want to spend your limited time on this earth?

1 hour ago, Zimbra said:

Moore is not well liked here outside of the religious whack jobs. The only reason he beat Luther Strange is because everyone hates Strange. Strange abandoned a criminal investigation of the Governor in exchange for the senate seat. Strange only got to the run off was the outside money coming in.

Right now Doug Jones is doing better than anyone expected. He is currently running ads (which is unusual for Democrats here) and Moore does not have any means of attacking him. Jones is the one who put the Klansmen who bombed a Birmingham church in prison. Moore is currently in hiding. I think he is hoping his religious whack job supporters and people who vote Republican by default will push him thru.

But I know a lot of Republicans who dislike him. They also know he will likely get kicked out of office for something since he got kicked out of his last two jobs. 

In conclusion

Roy Moore=Bad
Luther Strange=Worse
Doug Jones=Good

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Curt McGirt said:

Naw we should use the Alignment System with these motherfuckers. I don't know a thing about any of them but I'm sure they all fall under the three Evils. 

Good luck finding something on Jones. Moore is terrified to debate him because he can't find any dirt 

3 minutes ago, Curt McGirt said:

Naw we should use the Alignment System with these motherfuckers. I don't know a thing about any of them but I'm sure they all fall under the three Evils. 

Doug Jones prosecuted two of the Birmingham Church bombers so I'd say he's Lawful Neutral at worst.

• Like 2

15 minutes ago, Zimbra said:

The Louis CK story is up, pretty much corroborates what Jezebel had already reported.  There are five accusers in the story, four of them named.  With the bonus of his manager threatening the careers of women who spoke about their experiences.

Guess it wasn't just Gawker with a grudge, huh?

If Dave Becky goes down, Comedy Central, Netflix, and FX won't have half of their programming. Ruh roh.