DVDVR Message Board

Sexual Assault and Harassment in Hollywood

John from Cincinnati

1 hour ago, Travis Sheldon said:

Not to derail the thread, but Dillon was played by William Conrad,  AKA Cannon or Jake and the Fatman, who had that booming voice to get that character way over.

Good OTR stuff.

On 1/5/2018 at 10:55 PM, piranesi said:

Nothing but respect for my Marshall Dillon.

conrad15.jpg

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, piranesi said:

“He doesn’t seem to care what people think of him, he’s lost his filter,”

I mean, we do have to have a certain understanding of dementia in a 95 year old in home care, right?

This sounds very familiar to what my wife has encountered in her schooling and training to be a nurse as well as what she's encountered on the floor. She and others are basically told to expect this and/or violent behavior. Patients with dementia or some kind of sundowners always present a challenge and risk to nurses. I think it's incredibly fucking shitty of whatever hospital or facility Stan Lee is at to divulge that information. It's not a treat for him to be going through this and it's not a treat for the nurses or doctors to have to experience it. Best for everyone to keep it private instead of blabbing about it to the internet.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, RIPPA said:

https://jezebel.com/catherine-deneuve-catherine-millet-and-more-french-wo-1821917065

French women - including some actresses - sign a letter that is basically anti-MeToo

Tessa Thompson blowing up Lena Dunham's spot on IG and then trying to walk it back lets me know the shelf life on this is very limited. 

It reminds of when Salma Hayek and Jessica Williams had a heated conversation at Sundance last year. No matter how legitimate the cause is, it's going turn into some intersectional bullshit with people with devious and selfish motivations ultimately bringing the whole thing down.

This one doesn't even have its sea legs yet and it's obvious where this is headed.

4 hours ago, RIPPA said:

https://jezebel.com/catherine-deneuve-catherine-millet-and-more-french-wo-1821917065

French women - including some actresses - sign a letter that is basically anti-MeToo

I don't even know who even fits the description of whoever they are addressing.  If you've read any of the allegations against these dudes, none of these guys have just been flirting or "trying to seduce someone, even persistently or cack-handedly," these dudes were jerking off in front of women, groping women, or rubbing their junk on women against their will.  Seriously, who are they addressing in this stupid ass letter?

38 minutes ago, piranesi said:

Am I the only one who's never heard the word "cack-handed" and am hating my imagination for making up things it might mean right now?

Use normal words, weird French ladies!

I just assumed it was a New England thing.

"HEY, PAL! GET YER CAAAAAAAAAAAACK OUTTA YER HAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAND!"

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

1 hour ago, Ryan said:

Clumsy or left-handed. Too simple. CACK-HANDED!

As opposed to kaka-handed, which is something else entirely.

• Haha 1

Yeah, Casey still got his statue. 

In hindsight, it's incredible that Franco got a pass when that underage girl had the receipts on his advances a couple of years ago.

Alia Shawcat has told an insane story about a consensual encounter with an unnamed actor that's often credited to him because he's gained the reputation of being a creep. 

Oh man I didn't know that Alia Shawcat story was attributed to him but that makes so much sense.

I think Franco gets out of this relatively unscathed. It feels like we've hit Sex Offender Fatigue.

• Like 1