DVDVR Message Board

Sexual Assault and Harassment in Hollywood

John from Cincinnati

4 hours ago, odessasteps said:

Who has resurfaced as part of this story?

Maybe I'm jaded, but how long before someone on that commission gets accused of sexual harassment or assault and/or a smoking gun turns up revealing their own lurid history of sexual misconduct?

The first thing I pictured when I saw this tweet is Tom Hagen motioning for Al Neri to go back in the bathroom as Senator Geary is bloody and disoriented thinking he killed a prostitute in an alcohol fueled haze.

That's how well I expect this commission to go.

Richardson has announced he will sell the Panthers at the end of the season

His statement makes no mention of the accusations and instead tries to pretend that he just decided it was time to sell

1 minute ago, RIPPA said:

Richardson has announced he will sell the Panthers at the end of the season

His statement makes no mention of the accusations and instead tries to pretend that he just decided it was time to sell

Breaking News: The guy who contested a football game amidst a near race riot has decided to sell a football team just because.

21 minutes ago, odessasteps said:

And that stuff years ago with Richardson and the Dennys racial discrimination issue wasn't enough to get him out but this current stuff will. 

Worse, that stuff was really breaking during the time he was awarded the franchise. The settlement came in between getting the franchise and actually beginning play.

It sounds like Tavis might sue PBS for wrongful termination and PBS isn't backing down by telling him to "get his story straight" (basically questioning if Tavis is really telling truth about firing employees he had consensual sexual relationships with). It seems like Tavis is certainly holding pertinent details back, but PBS probably jumped the gun a smidge. Either way, this is going to get plenty messy.

On ‎12‎/‎15‎/‎2017 at 2:06 PM, West Newbury Bad Boy said:

So apparently some women will be wearing black to the Golden Globes to protest sexual harassment. 

Am I crazy for rolling my eyes at how soft a statement that is? 

At the risk of sounding crass, that's white feminism at its peak. How is wearing funeral clothes supposed to help the situation? Besides, I wear black every day, so miss me with this noise.

• Like 4

31 minutes ago, Burgundy LaRue said:

At the risk of sounding crass, that's white feminism at its peak. How is wearing funeral clothes supposed to help the situation? Besides, I wear black every day, so miss me with this noise.

Also: what about the 57 other awards ceremonies in that nine week timeframe? Are they not worthy of this so called protest?

• Like 1

On 12/14/2017 at 3:53 AM, Brian Fowler said:

Honestly, even then, the response to Spurlock is the example that says why none of these men are coming forward- because honestly, right now the way it's gone, people secretly don't WANT the men who did it to come forward.

Between the results for Spurlock, and in the wrestling bubble what happened to Adam from WhatCulture when he came forward- the reaction when a man comes forward and admits they're part of the problem almost tends to be "Oh no. You don't GET TO come forward and admit it yourself. You MUST be exposed for the evil pervert you are."

It's the same problem with the Court of Public Opinion right now and how it's actually gotten closer to the real issue- if you're trying to weed out all the evil people doing this, demanding they MUST be exposed by someone is inherently saying "I don't even care about justice or the truth come to light- I'd rather see an evil person continue to be evil if it means I can get Internet famous for being the one to expose them."

• Like 2

9 hours ago, Burgundy LaRue said:

What was the excuse when people were wearing black gowns and what not in previous years?

There's probably a better way to protest via clothing, but wearing black sure as hell ain't it.

33 minutes ago, Craig H said:

What was the excuse when people were wearing black gowns and what not in previous years?

There's probably a better way to protest via clothing, but wearing black sure as hell ain't it.

Yeah, your protest can't be, "Let's just wear a color 90% of the people who aren't protesting will be wearing."  

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Craig H said:

TJ Miller is a piece of shit. This has been known for awhile. I'm not surprised by this.

I've hated TJ Miller since the time he got mad at Patrice O'Neal for making fun of TJ getting killed in Cloverfield. So he graduates from being an obnoxious Hollywood dick (and hack comic) to an all around piece of shit IMO.

• Like 2

Just now, Elsalvajeloco said:

I've hated TJ Miller since the time he got mad at Patrice O'Neal for making fun of TJ getting killed in Cloverfield. So he graduates from being an obnoxious Hollywood dick (and hack comic) to an all around piece of shit IMO.

Before he was on Silicon Valley he was a complete dick at the Icehouse, Comedy Store, and other places. Maybe not the Comedy Store actually, but another big club out there. Anyway, he would basically bully other comedians and treat them like shit. And not that anyone needs to cry for Dane Cook, but there was some instance or altercation between TJ and Dane where TJ acted like a bitch and Dane was just kinda like, whatever and moved on. He got his show on Comedy Central around that time and I didn't understand why because I never thought he was funny, but someone at Comedy Central must have thought that. 

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Casey said:

As they drifted apart, she asked mutual friends of Miller’s about the incident. According to Sarah and those close to her, the responses were fairly uniform, to the effect of, “Yeah, that’s just T.J.”

And there's yet another instance of "Yeah, that's just (insert piece of shit here)"  Reading that article along with knowing the general opinion of TJ here and elsewhere I'm hoping proper justice is done to him.  If anything I'm surprised his name didn't come up sooner as he always seemed like a sleazy motherfucker to me.

He was on the Nerdist podcast a few months ago and sounded like the biggest phony. It was clear he was into some hippy shit and was probably high as fuck during the podcast, but he's just a big hypocrite. Maybe I'm wrong, but if I'm wrong, then so are a bunch of comedians I follow and so are a couple friends who are writers out there.

15 hours ago, Elsalvajeloco said:

Also: what about the 57 other awards ceremonies in that nine week timeframe? Are they not worthy of this so called protest?

If this series of stories has the momentum we all believe it does, I vote for Handmaids outfits as the protest uniform for the Emmys next year. 

Or better yet, they just skip the Oscars. If this is such a pervasive problem that needs to be addressed through protest, these stars should skip the industry's biggest circlejerk. But then you risk ending up on the Academy's naughty list for life and you don't get to do some red carpet bloviating. So that'll never happen. 

15 minutes ago, West Newbury Bad Boy said:

If this series of stories has the momentum we all believe it does, I vote for Handmaids outfits as the protest uniform for the Emmys next year. 

Or better yet, they just skip the Oscars. If this is such a pervasive problem that needs to be addressed through protest, these stars should skip the industry's biggest circlejerk. But then you risk ending up on the Academy's naughty list for life and you don't get to do some red carpet bloviating. So that'll never happen. 

If you thought Meryl's speech about art or whatever the fuck she was rambling about was the highest level of Hollywood entitlement, we're about to see some next level shit in the coming weeks. Also, we're going to get an insane amount of camera time for Matt Damon sitting there looking noticeably uncomfortable as people indirectly throw shade at him.

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, West Newbury Bad Boy said:

That speech was jaw-dropping. Bigging up the diversity in Hollywood and then taking cheap shots at combat sports? That's an impressively thick bubble. 

Hell, I don't even care about what she said about MMA. She's fucking Meryl Streep. I don't get my football hot takes from Rachel Maddow or Al Roker so I'm good.

I'm talking about her feeling herself as the ultimate Hollywood darling and basically royalty. The shit on social media afterwards...it's like if this lady does anything fucked up or is part of anything fucked up, it's going to be hard for people to walk it back because they've set her up as untouchable. I'm not a Rose McGowan supporter or anything, but I said in the first set of replies to this thread...she knew something. What it was, we will probably find out. And if that is indeed the case, Hollywood is going to eat a lot of shit. There is no amount of girl power/diversity/LGBTQ/Dreamers/This is About Telling Our Story speeches you can give to wiggle out of that.