DVDVR Message Board

Sexual Assault and Harassment in Hollywood

John from Cincinnati

1 hour ago, Mickie Zeidler said:

This is why I was happy when the ESPN cuts happened.  Fuck that place.

Yeah, that ESPN is basically a cesspool is hardly surprising. Burn it to the ground and salt the earth.

19 hours ago, OSJ said:

Yeah, that ESPN is basically a cesspool is hardly surprising. Burn it to the ground and salt the earth.

If you read "ESPN: The Uncensored History" you won't be surprised. I know he's with NBC now but how is Mike Tirico slipping through the cracks on this one?

53 minutes ago, West Newbury Bad Boy said:

So apparently some women will be wearing black to the Golden Globes to protest sexual harassment. 

Am I crazy for rolling my eyes at how soft a statement that is? 

By the time April rolls around and we hit the thousand people accused threshold, I bet they change the 2018 Met Gala theme to "Sexual Harassment Protest Chic".

Stay woke, y'all.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Zimbra said:

I think wrestling has been skating by because everyone already (and correctly) assumes it's a wretched hive of scum and villainy.

We just had ESPN run an animation of Ric Flair exposing himself to airline workers on 30 for 30 and the takeaway seemed to be "What a guy!!!!"

Just now, piranesi said:

We just had ESPN run an animation of Ric Flair exposing himself to airline workers on 30 for 30 and the takeaway seemed to be "What a guy!!!!"

Didn't that come out the same week as the first Weinstein story dropped?  Amazing how differently that reads now than it did when they edited it.

Andrew Duncan of June Pictures (the studio behind this year's little-awards-contender-that-could, The Florida Project) is divesting from the company after a wave of harassment and misconduct allegations which he attributes cynically to his "rivals."

https://www.hollywoodreporter.com/news/florida-project-producer-accused-sexual-harassment-by-a-dozen-insiders-1068287

18 hours ago, Curt McGirt said:

https://www.theguardian.com/film/2017/dec/15/dustin-hoffman-denies-fresh-allegations-sexual-misconduct

Well, I found yet another reason to want to puke, amongst many other things. And I certainly won't be able to watch Marathon Man or (for fuck's sake) Straw Dogs* again. 

* especially given the content

This is going to ruin Ishtar. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

6 hours ago, Zimbra said:

I think wrestling has been skating by because everyone already (and correctly) assumes it's a wretched hive of scum and villainy.

I think there’s a similar thing going on with Rock Stars. We’ve been hearing about crazy shit and behavior  forever. 

5 hours ago, piranesi said:

Oh, that's just Ric being Ric...uh...whoops...

1 hour ago, OSJ said:

Oh, that's just Ric being Ric...uh...whoops...

On the DVD Sting's mouth will be moving in the interview after but another voice will be going "That was a very unfortunate incident and his behavior hurt many people and that was not the man I knew and I hope that he has time to grow and change."

• Like 1
  • Haha 1