DVDVR Message Board

Sexual Assault and Harassment in Hollywood

John from Cincinnati

2 hours ago, EVA said:

The turd didn't even have the decency to concede.  Just said "we're waiting on the recount" and slunk off into the night, knowing full well that he was losing by greater than the margin needed to trigger an automatic recount and that his broke-ass campaign can't afford to pay for one.

I'd say we'll probably never hear from him again, but I know that's not true.  There's a Governor's race coming up after all.

Now if we can work on disbarring him. 

Alabama did not disappoint America almost sounds paradoxical, but here we are.

7 hours ago, Ryan said:

He'll get on the Supreme Court if it kills Trump.

The frightening thing is that if Trump gets another high court appointment before the mid term elections, Ryan is probably spot on barring some sort of criminal or ethics investigation, disbarment, or incarceration.

Even more frightening is that Moore would be a SCJ for life and influence policy far beyond the scope that he could as a senator.

8 hours ago, Burgundy LaRue said:

Well, Black voters--particularly Black women--saved everyone's collective ass. AGAIN.  I can go on about how it shouldn't have been such a tight race but I'll take what I can get.

Thank you kindly for that, that does make more sense.  :)

10 minutes ago, J.T. said:

Alabama did not disappoint America almost sounds paradoxical, but here we are.

The frightening thing is that if Trump gets another high court appointment before the mid term elections, Ryan is probably spot on barring some sort of criminal or ethics investigation, disbarment, or incarceration.

Even more frightening is that Moore would be a SCJ for life and influence policy far beyond the scope that he could as a senator.

Trump has already washed his hands of Moore as of about an hour or two ago, on Twitter, so I don't think Roy Moore: Supreme Court Justice will be a thing.

Probably too much politics, but 2018’s Senate would never let him through. Flake would vote against him. We know that. He donated to Jones as a symbolic move. That’d leave a margin of one in a world with Collins and Murkowski. You can freak out about things, including who an eventual pick turns out to be, but don’t freak out about that. But again, too much politics, guys.

So we can't talk about the plethora of female politicians that have came out and called for an investigation of Trump's conduct in the past in regards to his accusers? I think the number of people asking for this is over 100 now. If it is too much politics, my bad. But I think, if that does happen, it's easily a bigger story than Harvey Weinstein or anything that's come after and will most likely be talked about in this thread at some point in the future, no?

33 minutes ago, NikoBaltimore said:

Thank you kindly for that, that does make more sense.  :)

Since you guys don't know any black voters in Alabama, you can keep the thanks and just put some money in my GoFundMe account for saving asses. I'm mean I'm not from Alabama, but I've lived in Mississippi and Arkansas so it's like the next best thing!

Also, if you gave to Keaton Jones, I feel like you should at least double the donation to me. ;)

• Haha 1

12 minutes ago, Elsalvajeloco said:

Since you guys don't know any black voters in Alabama, you can keep the thanks and just put some money in my GoFundMe account for saving asses. I'm mean I'm not from Alabama, but I've lived in Mississippi and Arkansas so it's like the next best thing!

Also, if you gave to Keaton Jones, I feel like you should at least double the donation to me. ;)

Thankfully I didn't give anything to Keaton Jones (boy was that a disaster)  But I have no issue giving to your GoFundMe account.

• Like 1

Just send cans of beans. Enough to build a massive building out of. We'll come up with an interesting name for it after. The Beaning Tower of Pizza perhaps if you eat Pizza in it.

Pro Tip: If you're wondering if it's too much politics, and you're using the word Trump, it's too much politics.

In other news, the Netflix Exec, who put his foot so far down his own throat that he shit Reebok, was fired. https://www.usatoday.com/story/life/tv/2017/12/13/netflix-executive-dropped-after-reportedly-saying-company-disbelieved-masterson-accusers/947078001/

It's kinda wild to me that not one dude has had the foresight to get out ahead of the accusations against them.  Even when they knew what was coming down the pike nobody put out a "Yeah, I was shitty, I'm very sorry and here's what I'm doing to not be shitty anymore" statement before the story dropped.

I guess everybody thinks they're the guy that won't get caught.

1 hour ago, Zimbra said:

It's kinda wild to me that not one dude has had the foresight to get out ahead of the accusations against them.  Even when they knew what was coming down the pike nobody put out a "Yeah, I was shitty, I'm very sorry and here's what I'm doing to not be shitty anymore" statement before the story dropped.

I guess everybody thinks they're the guy that won't get caught.

Yeah, especially guys like Mario Batali, who essentially said, "Yeah, that sounds about right," as soon as the accusations came out.  Then again, how do you essentially give up your career before you absolutely have to?  

Lindsay McCormick - who worked for ESPN and Sunday Night Football - share a story from when she was interviewing at NFL Network

https://deadspin.com/reporter-says-nfl-network-job-interviewer-asked-if-she-1821257447

I’ve been quiet about this for too long. In my last interview with NFL Network a few years ago, the head of hiring talent said to me, ‘If we hire you, do you plan on getting knocked up immediately like the rest of them?’ ‘Them’ as in badass working women who deserve to have a family life as well? ‘Them’ as the women who work their tails off to be taken seriously in a man’s world? Or ‘them’ who bring you a new audience and a tremendous amount of viewership? Because while I don’t plan on ‘getting knocked up,’ I do plan on being like the rest of those brilliant women that our future daughters will one day look up to and see you can have it all. Kudos to NFL Network for eventually removing this man from his position and for the actions they’ve taken this week.”

Who are these people? I don't know anyone who thinks or acts like this, even my older relatives aren't this blatantly sexist and horrid. I've never once thought of treating other people like any of this scum has done. I'll never understand what makes someone think or act in any such manner. I can understand it psychologically, but just not on an innate emotional level. There's something supremely screwed up about culture in general. All of it.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Ryan said:

Who are these people? I don't know anyone who thinks or acts like this, even my older relatives aren't this blatantly sexist and horrid. I've never once thought of treating other people like any of this scum has done. I'll never understand what makes someone think or act in any such manner. I can understand it psychologically, but just not on an innate emotional level. There's something supremely screwed up about culture in general. All of it.

For most of my life I always thought "well that whole older generation has some fucked up values" but now I realize the guy who said "Are you gonna get knocked up like the rest of them" probably has a 50/50 chance of being younger than me.  So apparently very little progress was made since I was a kid against the overt and subliminal training of boys/men that women are "just a pain in the ass."

That training is everywhere in subtle and not subtle ways. I mean, hell, even the underlying message of When Harry Met Sally was "Yep, he was right...a man and woman cannot be just friends or equal acquaintances. There is only one useful relationship for them to have and that is sexual/domestic because that is ultimately what women are for. and all any true man cares for." 

It's everywhere. We are literally at the starting line right now in fixing it.

• Like 3

Salma Hayek's Weinstein story(in which he tries to ruin her movie because she won't fuck him) is pretty ridiculous: https://www.nytimes.com/interactive/2017/12/13/opinion/contributors/salma-hayek-harvey-weinstein.html?mtrref=t.co&assetType=opinion

He said: “I will kill you, don’t think I can’t.”

So I wonder when the dead bodies start showing up. Because at this point I'm positive he's had someone killed.