DVDVR Message Board

Sexual Assault and Harassment in Hollywood

John from Cincinnati

10 hours ago, piranesi said:

Jesus.

You know what. Just to get this out there and get ahead of it here is a list of people who are left that I don't think have been accused of anything horrible who I will be devastated by if the are. I will cross them off as news breaks.

Please, world. Just leave me these. I can get by with these.

You haven't heard about Roddy MacDowell's party trick have you?

• Sad 1

10 hours ago, piranesi said:

Jesus.

You know what. Just to get this out there and get ahead of it here is a list of people who are left that I don't think have been accused of anything horrible who I will be devastated by if the are. I will cross them off as news breaks.

Please, world. Just leave me these. I can get by with these.

Don't hold your breath on John Vernon ... Just something about that guy ... 

When I saw the drug charge story about Rose McGowan I was a little skeptical that it was a setup, but this story is so bizarre, and if Weinstein had private eyes and ex-Mossad working to destroy her credibility it's not a huge stretch. Regardless, I can't imagine the charges not being dropped. 

https://www.newyorker.com/news/news-desk/rose-mcgowan-speaks-out-about-her-arrest-on-drug-charges/amp

That should be an interesting result. People already hate her for being so Pro-Israel and part of the military and everything and yell at her about loving to kill Palestinian children, so yeah, have fun.

12 minutes ago, Ryan said:

That should be an interesting result. People already hate her for being so Pro-Israel and part of the military and everything and yell at her about loving to kill Palestinian children, so yeah, have fun.

How many people actually hate her for that?  And I mean other than Lexi Alexander?

The writer is now on Twitter at https://twitter.com/imasurvivor4eva

We probably need to give this a little time for people to do some fact checking.  Yes, victims need to be believed, but I don't think it's unreasonable to be more skeptical of a straight anonymous story posted on the internet, than a story that at least has the backing of some kind of media outlet.

17 minutes ago, Elsalvajeloco said:

Man, I could have sworn jae said no politics but maybe I am making stuff up in my mind. :)

While this should be stressed, some of those tweets and the original Medium post are basically designed to drag people towards the worst kind of discourse. 

I'm going to ignore the Gal story till I see it being discussed somewhere semi-credible that has to meet some sort of journalistic standard. No need to let a potential troll post tank this thread. 

I'll just say this and bow out.  I have a feeling it is going to get harder and harder to know what to believe.  I have a real creeping fear now that certain political groups/websites especially here in the U.S., already well known for manufacturing false controversies with doctored videos, etc. and who have made it perfectly clear that they are in the business of creating false stories for clicks, are preparing a barrage of false accusations as a political weapon and/or just for the quick money that comes from going viral with diehard followers of certain people.  It's no coincidence that if you search Joe Biden on twitter you already see the seeds of it starting.

2018-2020 are going to make 2016 look like a game of Monopoly.

• Sad 1

Also my reaction to Gal Godot fleecing little dudes for dinner and then threatening to beat them up does not fill me with the revulsion it is supposed to.  Is there a word for the combination of something being funny and terrifying and shamefully arousing all at the same time?

Honestly, it's how I always imagined my fantasy date with Charlotte Flair going and I was fine with it.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

7 minutes ago, piranesi said:

Is there a word for the combination of something being funny and terrifying and shamefully arousing all at the same time?

If this word exists I need someone to tell me so I can go back and edit my comment about Mariah Carey.  

• Haha 1