DVDVR Message Board

Sexual Assault and Harassment in Hollywood

John from Cincinnati

6 minutes ago, Elsalvajeloco said:

If Dave Becky goes down, Comedy Central, Netflix, and FX won't have half of their programming. Ruh roh.

Eh, the world's full of people willing to take a 10% cut, his spot will get filled quickly.  Curious to see how his other high-profile clients respond to this, Aziz Ansari in particular.

Also sounds like the NYT story is just the tip of a very gross iceberg so expect to hear more about this.

26 minutes ago, Zimbra said:

The Louis CK story is up, pretty much corroborates what Jezebel had already reported.  There are five accusers in the story, four of them named.  With the bonus of his manager threatening the careers of women who spoke about their experiences.

Guess it wasn't just Gawker with a grudge, huh?

As the guy who posted about the Jezebel and sister sites pushing that narrative too hard, I stand corrected.  I'm three paragraphs in and it's already gross.  Maybe worse than the last season of Louie, and that's saying something.

6 minutes ago, Zimbra said:

Eh, the world's full of people willing to take a 10% cut, his spot will get filled quickly.  Curious to see how his other high-profile clients respond to this, Aziz Ansari in particular.

Also sounds like the NYT story is just the tip of a very gross iceberg so expect to hear more about this.

Becky is extremely powerful. If he was that easily replaceable, he would be your average manager who gets folks spots at Carolines and that would be it. 

Oh, I want Bill Burr to discuss this.

He reps Issa Rae too?

mSFXk2a.gif

• Like 2

12 minutes ago, Elsalvajeloco said:

Oh, I want Bill Burr to discuss this

liked X10000000000

I can totally see that being Louis' fetish after reading that article and boy that is fucking disgusting. 

EDIT: Of course, most of the national comedy community probably knowing about this and saying jack shit is even more fucking disgusting

Sigh. Louis, you jackass. The women he did this garbage to, and I'm sure there are more, ugh, there's no words for having to deal with that kind of bullshit. Now I have my entire memory of liking him destroyed because he's a perverted dipshit. Hooray for me. Blech.

Here's an AMAZING take on the Roy Moore thing from Alabama State Auditor (and Moore endorser) Jim Zeigler:

"He’s clean as a hound’s tooth,” Ziegler claimed, before relying on Scripture to defend Moore.

"Take the Bible. Zachariah and Elizabeth for instance. Zachariah was extremely old to marry Elizabeth and they became the parents of John the Baptist,” Ziegler said choosing his words carefully before invoking Christ. “Also take Joseph and Mary. Mary was a teenager and Joseph was an adult carpenter. They became parents of Jesus.”

2 hours ago, Zimbra said:

Surely all those pious evangelicals would never vote for someone who didn't live up to their strict moral cohahahahha, fuck I almost got through it.  

I read some survey results a few weeks back showing Evangelicals changing from the group most likely to think a leaders values were important to the group least likely to think that way.  If only I could understand what happened in 2016 that would have caused such a dramatic shift.

• Like 1

Louis C.K., Andy Signore, Joss Whedon. I'm waiting for Judd Apatow and Patton Oswalt to join the list of schlubby dudes that got clout and nerds rally behind, who are also terrible to women.

• Like 2
  • Sad 1

Just now, jaedmc said:

Louis C.K., Andy Signore, Joss Whedon. I'm waiting for Judd Apatow and Patton Oswalt to join the list of schlubby dudes that got clout and nerds rally behind.

Apatow came back to standup comedy just to do Cosby jokes. I'm waiting for that other shoe to drop.

2 minutes ago, Mickie Zeidler said:

How can you forget Harry Knowles in all this, Jae?

God knows we, as a society, have been trying out damndest to do so

I actually thought of that guy but couldn't remember his name when I was typing. I was like "Oh there was that onnnnnne guy who wrote about movies."

Wait. No. I was thinking of Devin Faraci. Same difference.

43 minutes ago, jaedmc said:

Louis C.K., Andy Signore, Joss Whedon. I'm waiting for Judd Apatow and Patton Oswalt to join the list of schlubby dudes that got clout and nerds rally behind, who are also terrible to women.

If you want to take Tig Notaro's point about people championing the work of women to shield themselves, Judd would be a great example if anything came out.

Which isn't to say anything came out yet or we have a reason to distrust Judd.

So thanks, Louis. 

3 hours ago, J.T. said:

I would listen to and laugh at InfoWars more often if he didn't break from his screaming monologues to shill his sketch health supplements every five minutes.

I caught a few minutes today just to keep my finger on the pulse. He literally accused Mark Zuckerberg of being a Blade Runner-esque replicant. Dead serious.

But if you're looking to mainline some high-quality Alex Jones, jump a minute into this video:

Spoiler

Spoiler tagged for those who don't want to look at his face.

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Roman said:

The worst thing is that I now have 'wet slapping sounds' in my YouTube search history -- and I'm sure I'll get recommendations based on that.

Welcome to the world of ASMR. I hope you enjoy people chewing on gristle while crumpling aluminum foil.

• Like 4