DVDVR Message Board

SDL is Kevin's Heaven - 10/10/2017

Dolfan in NYC

28 minutes ago, Nice Guy Eddie said:

If this doesn't do it for you, then you'll never like Brodie/Harper.

Seen it.  It's ok.  I''ve never regarded Brodie/Harper as a super worker.  He's decent enough, but not someone I'm going to go too far out of my way to see.  That's just my preference.  I'm not too down on him.  I do think his skill set is more suited for the indys than the WWE.  He's not particularly comfortable on the mic, not hugely charismatic, and has a bad look for 2017 WWE.  There is always going to be a place for unkempt hillbillies with bald spots in wrestling, but that place probably isn't going to be a featured singles spot on RAW or Smackdown.  I kinda feel like he had his chance with the Bray-Orton stuff leading up to WrestleMania and didn't knock the ball out of the park.  Meltzer seemed to think the finish of the #1 contender's battle royal got blamed on him (it was obvious he and AJ didn't have their feet on the floor at the same time).  They gave him promo time on that period and he was kinda average.

Ironically, I feel like he had a better look in Chikara with the shorter hair and mustache.  WWE could probably have worked with that.

I feel like he should have gotten over more as a Wyatt Family member, but... he didn't.  Part of that is probably Bray being a lump and Rowan being kinda poor as a worker, but Bray was very over for a while.

56 minutes ago, Horton Hears a Wooo!!! said:

I don't see what others do in Harper.  

Fair enough. I'd recommend the Shield vs. Wyatt Family matches. The first match at Elimination Chamber 2014 is a ***** classic and he's the MOTM. Check out Harper vs. John Cena from a RAW in the lead to WrestleMania XXX as well.

25 minutes ago, Horton Hears a Wooo!!! said:

I feel like he should have gotten over more as a Wyatt Family member, but... he didn't.  Part of that is probably Bray being a lump and Rowan being kinda poor as a worker, but Bray was very over for a while.

I recall his being pretty over when he finally turned on Bray. WWE did nothing with his momentum, of course.

• Like 2

I know it's incredibly cliche to suggest whatever underappreciated wrestler we're talking about at a given moment would do better in New Japan, but I really, really think it's true with Harper. I mean... "Workrate Brody" would be the easiest thing in the world to get over. 

• Like 2

14 hours ago, A Guy Named Tracy said:

Bludgeon Brothers sounds better than Blushing Brothers, which is what I thought they originally said. 

I thought it was BloodHAAAACHOOOO Brothers because my mother sneezed super-loudly during that part.

I just love having Harper and Rowan back. Hope they're champs soon.

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, Greggulator said:

We really should be in Year 3 of the never ending Shield/Wyatts war. 

1 hour ago, Greggulator said:

Also, Bludgeon Brothers doing a GWAR co-splay act is all I ever needed.

I don't know if I've ever agreed with anything Gregg has said on here, but these are spot on.

I was amused at Dolph screaming "I want MY rematch!"

So apparently just regular matches have rematch clauses now.  Makes sense with the constant best of forever series that everyone has together.  

That main event was total AJ could have a **** match with a broom territory.  Dude was flying around all over the place.  

17 hours ago, tbarrie said:

I recall his being pretty over when he finally turned on Bray. WWE did nothing with his momentum, of course.

Yup, it would've been the easiest thing in the world to insert him into the Orton/Bray feud and turn it into a three way at Mania. Fair enough, every fued needs a burner and he did a great job of that leading up to Orton/Wyatt but the match would have been no worse off that's for sure.

And yeah, If ever there's a guy I'd love to see in New Japan it's Harper. I mean when was the last time there was a scary, capable and talented brawling gajin hoss in any puro promotion? He'd be over in a heartbeat

• Like 1

18 hours ago, Greggulator said:

We really should be in Year 3 of the never ending Shield/Wyatts war. 

As soon as The Shield got back together on Monday my immediate thought was getting Harper and Rowan moved to Raw so they can start building the match that should have happened at Wrestlemania XXX.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, HumanChessgame said:

As soon as The Shield got back together on Monday my immediate thought was getting Harper and Rowan moved to Raw so they can start building the match that should have happened at Wrestlemania XXX.

Nope, because we have to have a never-ending feud between "The Demon King" and Sister Abigail.

1 hour ago, Nice Guy Eddie said:

Nope, because we have to have a never-ending feud between "The Demon King" and Sister Abigail.

Which is only going to escalate when Little Jimmy gets involved and everyone tries to figure out who he's going to side with.

• Like 1
  • Haha 3