DVDVR Message Board

SDL is Kevin's Heaven - 10/10/2017

Dolfan in NYC

I'd say Sami just delivered the promo of his life. And just to re-iterate how good a heel KO is, I FULLY expected him to waylay Sami at the end of this... 

tumblr_oxmygllo581u1ljrzo2_500.gif

Also... the Bludgeon Brothers?  Well, at least someone remembered Harper is on the roster. 

• Like 1

I was relieved Kevin didn't attack Sami. All the turns and swerves since they've became commonplace has me always expecting it.

Harper and Rowan with giant sledgehammers seems promising. No matter how much WWE has dropped the ball with them, they will always be believable as two ass kicking monsters. Hopefully, they beat the Usos for the titles like they should have four years ago.

• Like 3

I'd really be okay with them having Baron Corbin showing everyone his belt up close many, many times every week.

Also I was totally swerved by the lack of a swerve during the Kevin/Sami segment. Especially during the several awkward pauses, I was just waiting for the that closeline that never came.

Baron/AJ. Glad Baron retained though I'm surprised it was clean.

I'm so happy to see Harper and Rowan together again even if I'm not big on the name. I just hope they win the tag belts and hold them for a long time.

Harper is back on the roster but the Bludgeon Brothers is one of the worst names I've ever heard for a tag team.

It is Air Boom, Well Dunn, RybAxel levels of stupid.

And what Dolfan said.  Frankly, I am surprised that KO didn't turn on Sami tonight.

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, J.T. said:

And what Dolfan said.  Frankly, I am surprised that KO didn't turn on Sami tonight.

I really hope this Zayn turn sticks, because I think it could be absolutely amazing if as we wait for KO to doublecross him...Sami finally one-ups KO and turns on him instead.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Dolfan in NYC said:

I'd say Sami just delivered the promo of his life. And just to re-iterate how good a heel KO is, I FULLY expected him to waylay Sami at the end of this... 

tumblr_oxmygllo581u1ljrzo2_500.gif

Also... the Bludgeon Brothers?  Well, at least someone remembered Harper is on the roster. 

Double this on Owens. Every. Single. Time. He paused to breathe I expected him to turn on Sami.

"I just want to say...[Fuck you, Sami]...from the bottom of my heart...[go fuck yourself, Sami]...and I've never meant this more in my life...[I don't need you, Sami]...You are my....[pain in the ass]...best...[victim]...friend....[bitch]."

• Like 5

16 minutes ago, J.T. said:

Harper is back on the roster but the Bludgeon Brothers is one of the worst names I've ever heard for a tag team.

It is Air Boom, Well Dunn, RybAxel levels of stupid.

How dare you insult RybAxel by comparing it to Air Boom, RyxAxel was amazing.

• Like 1

Damn the Uso's are great as babyfaces when they are still in their heel characters. Given the spectacle we got after their promo with New Day it seems pretty obvious the only way forward is turn the New Day heel and keep the five of them fighting forever.

This was the best tweet of the night from DVDVR's live tweets.

At the end of the promo with all the hugging, I honestly didn't know who was going to do the pearl harbor job on who first. I kinda hope Sami ends up being the one to do it after the Survivor Series just for everything to come full circle.

EDIT: That Monsoonism came to mind.

I kinda get reintroducing them with vignettes, but a debut with impact would have been for Bludgeon Brothers to come out and lay waste to everyone following that fatal fourway.

I kinda wish they'd just gone back to Harper's indie gimmick and had him and Rowan as a couple of ass kicking truckers always looking for a fight. They could've been APA 2K17

35 minutes ago, CreativeControl said:

I kinda get reintroducing them with vignettes, but a debut with impact would have been for Bludgeon Brothers to come out and lay waste to everyone following that fatal fourway.

I kinda wish they'd just gone back to Harper's indie gimmick and had him and Rowan as a couple of ass kicking truckers always looking for a fight. They could've been APA 2K17

I just figured he had the same gimmick with a different name. 

10 hours ago, J.T. said:

Eh, I don't think it's that bad. It states clearly who they are and what they do. They're "brothers" bonded by their enjoyment of bludgeoning people and their choice of weapon being a bludgeon.

I also would have been fine with reverting back to Brodie Lee's trucker gimmick, espeically if it got us a cameo from Cam "Sea Bass" Neely.

They look bad ass so they have that going for them. And as average as Rowan is in the ring he and Harper have had some of the better tag matches in wwe, particularly with the Usos. They obviously don't see money in a Harper singles run so this is probably the best we can hope for. 

I thought the promo came off kinda corny, what with the fake hammers, the robes, the goofy dialogue, etc.  Felt like something out of the late '80's.  Not sure how well it will work now, but I'd be down with seeing them mix it up with Demolition and the Headshrinkers.  Honestly, I don't really think there's a place for those two guys on the tv shows unless it's as Bray's lackeys.  I don't see what others do in Harper.  

• Like 1