SIERRA HOTEL INDIA ECHO LIMA DELTA - Raw - 10/9/2017

Shibata Is My Homie

1 hour ago, Dolfan in NYC said:

Things I missed about The Shield: 

a) Triple Powerbombs for all

b) Roman Reigns speaking the least

c) Picking fights with people twice their size

Things I did not miss about The Shield:

a) Kevin Dunn's INSANE, COCAINE FUELED, SHAKY, ZOOM IN AND OUT AND IN AND OUT AND IN AND OUT angles.

b) Kevin Dunn missing all the action because of REACTION SHOTS

c) Seth Rollins, Dean Ambrose, and Roman Reigns looking or being happy in any way shape or form.

Also...  whoever did the Bray Wyatt angle deserves the electric chair.  

I knew the worst thing about a Shield reunion would be allowing Roman to talk..

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Niners Fan in CT said:

Gotta love WWE.  

32-year old Roman Reigns is "a kid" 

38-year old Mickie James is "grandma" 

Vince follows the rules of the MRA/Red Pill lunatics. Once they're over 25, they're too old. He gives leeway, with that group it's more like 19.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Nice Guy Eddie said:

Remember, Vince used to be up on pop culture before it became all work, all the time; so he may have seen Psycho.

He is really up on anything before 1980. 

Would like to see Braun reform his gang with Harper and Rowan. 

Bray will come out of this no better and no worse like every fued he's ever had. He's teflon.

As for the Shield. Imagine this: Miz is doing his awards thing, then instead of Reigns coming out and back-and-forthing only for Ambrose and then Rollins to come out, what if the Shield music had just interrupted Miz mid flow and they'd done their classic entrance through the crowd. To an even bigger pop. Talk about a wasted opportunity but I guess that doesn't fill 10-15 minutes of your three hour show with interminable exposition

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Hail Sabin said:

Mickie being called Grandman is still way better then Piggie James. 

Anyone who thinks that Mickie is a gradma or a pig needs their fucking head examined.

I await the angle where someone at WWE is inspired by the Poison Sawada JULIE injury angle where he was turned into a statue for several weeks and has Bray take a chairshot which causes him to fall into a coma. 

He then wakes up about a month later and reverts back to being Husky Harris.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

5 hours ago, Nice Guy Eddie said:

Remember, Vince used to be up on pop culture before it became all work, all the time; so he may have seen Psycho.

Knowing Vince, it was the Vince Vaughn version.

So was Corey intentionally shitting on Enzo's entrance when he was talking all over it? Where they sniping at each other on twitter again? I was really buying into Enzo as this little shit heel champion so of course they go and have him lose the title.

I saw this on NoDQ. If this is true, its just dumb and lazy booking at usual.

According to PWInsider.com, Neville was originally supposed to be Enzo’s opponent on this week’s edition of RAW instead of Kalisto. The decision to have Kalisto face Enzo was reportedly made shortly before RAW went on the air. The reason for the change was WWE’s creative team realizing that they had backed themselves into a corner since Neville wasn’t allowed to face Enzo in the storyline.

The belief is that the title change was done because of Eddie Guerrero’s birthday and having Kalisto win in Eddie’s honor would create a feel-good moment during Hispanic Heritage month.

Guess what Kalisto, next year when they have gone back to not giving a shit about you at least you'll have a little commercial for them to feel good about.

3 minutes ago, The Green Meanie said:

Well, that means he's definitely losing it at TLC.

It would be pretty shit of them to have Kalisto drop the belt before the end of Hispanic Heritage Month.

Give him one successful title defense and then have him lose on the November 6 Raw.

Bray would be better off in like movies or theater or something. He's found his ceiling, he's a special attraction who can talk and does hokey shit that people like to watch. He's like Abyss but not as good of a wrestler. As someone else said he's teflon, he can lose and still be somewhat credible. 

and Asuka is 2 years younger than Mickie and is being pushed like Goldberg, this company is bi-polar at times

4 minutes ago, Rick said:

Bray would be better off in like movies or theater or something. He's found his ceiling, he's a special attraction who can talk and does hokey shit that people like to watch. He's like Abyss but not as good of a wrestler. As someone else said he's teflon, he can lose and still be somewhat credible. 

and Asuka is 2 years younger than Mickie and is being pushed like Goldberg, this company is bi-polar at times

Raven said with wrestling its not your actual age, it is how long you have been on TV.. Its why Batista was thought of as a young up and coming star in his late thirties/early forties. 

So Mickie's crime is being very successful from a young age. It would bother me more if Mickie were not getting the best of her on the mic. Am surprised biscuit butt ended up sticking. 

• Like 2

I can certainly buy that and in the fictional world of pro wrestling technically you could within the parameters be whatever age your character is portrayed to be. That being said pro-wrestling is a odd, bi-polar subculture that often shapeshifts into reality and popular culture and fabricating someones age is kinda weird. 

Bobby Roode is being touted as a 20 year veteran over on the SD side, he's one of the oldest guys on the roster but he isn't treated as such. It's not like they're shying away from the age thing.

I kinda don't understand what's wrong with a heel being a heel.

We all know it's BS... that's kinda the point, isn't it? That's why we want to see Mickie shut her up?

"But Vince is..." :rolleyes:

48 minutes ago, Rick said:

I can certainly buy that and in the fictional world of pro wrestling technically you could within the parameters be whatever age your character is portrayed to be. That being said pro-wrestling is a odd, bi-polar subculture that often shapeshifts into reality and popular culture and fabricating someones age is kinda weird. 

Bobby Roode is being touted as a 20 year veteran over on the SD side, he's one of the oldest guys on the roster but he isn't treated as such. It's not like they're shying away from the age thing.

Its more he has not ever been on WWE TV before. 

This is the same company that was harping on the Road Warriors being old for no real reason. 

9 hours ago, Overly Critical Man said:

Bray and Finn are basically fighting over who has a more powerful imaginary friend. 

Well given that Finn imaginary character is a demon who likes to wear weird hats and cosplay old time villains at times and Bray's who is doing a demented Flip Wilson impersonation; I think like most of this feud Balor wins cleanly.  

45 minutes ago, steve said:

I kinda don't understand what's wrong with a heel being a heel.

We all know it's BS... that's kinda the point, isn't it? That's why we want to see Mickie shut her up?

The argument, presumably, is that Mickie won't shut her up, and Alexa will be (essentially) proven right--like she was when she said Sasha couldn't defend the women's title, that Bayley couldn't be violent enough, etc. Virtually every heel promo she's cut on the main roster has been backed up by clean wins, so far, which is (part of) why everyone she feuds with seems to emerge with their momentum stalled or outright reversed. I know we're just killing time until Asuka runs through her, but still.

• Like 1