DVDVR Message Board

SIERRA HOTEL INDIA ECHO LIMA DELTA - Raw - 10/9/2017

Shibata Is My Homie

9 hours ago, Overly Critical Man said:

The really appreciate that low key Alicia Fox mini push btw. Poor Bayley.

I'll take Alicia Fox over Bayley every day of the week and twice on Sundays. But that's just me I guess. Also, if you wanted to get the max pop. SIERRA HOTEL INDIA...should have happened while Roman was facing down Miztourage 2.0..... and they ran away like the White Walkers were coming over the Wall.

• Like 2

One of the issues with WWE being so scripted is that when they go on dumb tangents like calling Mickey James old, it's not just the heel saying it, it's the whole company. If it were just Bliss going out there and free styling jabs at James' age that would something, but we know that it was written for her and then approved of by people who should know better. It's kind of silly (obviously the company doesn't really think most of the things heels say) but it's a touchy subject and, well, a dumb opinion on it. So when James loses, it's the company reinforcing that point. Or, if James wins, then Alexa might want to get some promo advice from Bulldog Bob Brown.

Well, in the sports world, 38 kinda is old, so that seems in line with something Bliss would pick on. What was offensive about Piggy James was that Mickie was in no way, shape or form anything close to fat, but she let those comments get to her, which made it seem like their was a grain of truth to it. And body issues are a whole different kettle of fish to age issues, so it's really something that should have been at the least handled with a bit more subtlety. Most offensive, of course, is the fact that we knew this was the company's way of sending a message to Mickie.

• Like 2

BTW - it was amazing that for something that was still being teased, the Shield having wearable merch by the end of the show should bother the kayfabe folks more than who is friendly with who on social media

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Execproducer said:

Everything about Enzo is woof. But I guess you have to give it to him, he has the "gift for gab!" and all of that. He's parlayed it into , presumably, a comfortable living. So he's got that going for him.

I get that part ... but then there's that awful "Lion King" reference.

This whole Shield reunion is a total mess kayfabe-wise.  Miz goes after Reigns makes sense because he's jealous of Reigns' attention.  Cesaro/Sheamus attacking Reigns made no sense, was just random (Like the time Anderson/Gallows came out and helped Cass break Big Show's hand this summer after on and off feuding with Cass for a year and a half).  Shield getting back together makes sense in that they're looking for a way to get back at Sheamus/Cesaro.  Shield going after Strowman doesn't really make sense in that Reigns and him haven't feuded in a couple months, and the other two both challenged him for no reason and lost clean, so all three of them go after him because they're good guys randomly triple-teaming a guy.

The Shield all wearing their shirts feels really fucking lame. I can't put my finger on why, but it just feels off.

And the only piece of Shield merch that is needed is the wolf's mouth balaclava. That thing only being used once is weird because it looked really damn cool.

• Like 4

37 minutes ago, Craig H said:

The Shield all wearing their shirts feels really fucking lame. I can't put my finger on why, but it just feels off.

Probably because that rarely, if ever, happened during their initial run. With few exceptions, it was their black tactical gear and nothing else. 

Not a dealbreaker, but I hope they go all black, Sierra Hotel India, entrance through the crowd for TLC

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Victator said:

So Mickie's crime is being very successful from a young age. It would bother me more if Mickie were not getting the best of her on the mic. 

The fact that Mickie is getting the better of her makes it easier to deal with the foolishness, which means that Mickie will likely lose at the PPV and yea...I got nothing. 

I knew that the company would have Alicia acknowledge her recent interview on Lilian's podcast. Nice to see her get the pin on Bayley no matter how short lived the momentum was. And it looked like Dana Brooke was gonna injure someone for a minute there. 

8 hours ago, Phantom Lord said:

Guess what Kalisto, next year when they have gone back to not giving a shit about you at least you'll have a little commercial for them to feel good about.

Nah, when Prince Puma arrives they will go 'Yah know what, people like that Lucha stuff.  Have the two masked guys wrestle but make it WWE style, not Lucha style.  That will work and get the division over.'

Then they will spend an entire match explaining the masks only to give the belt to some nobody in the division without the mask the next week while making fun of the masks.

WWE Creative logic right there.

1 hour ago, West Newbury Bad Boy said:

Probably because that rarely, if ever, happened during their initial run. With few exceptions, it was their black tactical gear and nothing else. 

Not a dealbreaker, but I hope they go all black, Sierra Hotel India, entrance through the crowd for TLC

I honestly want them to use the Shields that were made for them that they never used, bring them to the ring and just beat the hell out of everyone with them.

If the match never gets started and they just beat the shit out of each other for 30 minutes will anyone care that there was no match/finish since it would set up to a certain stipulation the night after Takeover?

4 hours ago, Dolfan in NYC said:

And in case you thought we were joking, here it is: 

kd2jpigkkzqz.gif

That is damn near seizure inducing. Seriously I had to scroll it up out of my view just to type this.

Much like this company only cares about network numbers now, the only thing they give a shit about when it comes to Bray is his entrance.

• Like 1

I really hate to say this, but I'm interested in the Bray stuff just to see how goofy the match is.  I'd say they are going to swerve us and debut someone as Sister Abigail - but Meltzer and the dirt sheets seem fairly sure that they going to have Bray wrestle in drag somehow.  Supposedly, a lot of people were laughing at last night's video, but when has that ever stopped Creative. If they were willing to admit some ideas bomb horribly, Jason Jordan and Dolph Ziggler would have the week off.

I feel bad for Finn because I was a big Devitt fan when he was in NJPW.  Don't like the cosplay, but he can work and has a lot of charisma.  The injury really killed his momentum.  

5 minutes ago, Horton Hears a Wooo!!! said:

I really hate to say this, but I'm interested in the Bray stuff just to see how goofy the match is.  I'd say they are going to swerve us and debut someone as Sister Abigail - but Meltzer and the dirt sheets seem fairly sure that they going to have Bray wrestle in drag somehow. 

see.gif

• Like 1