DVDVR Message Board

2017-18 NHL SEASON: Period One

RIPPA

Something you don't see everyday: Jack Eichel scored 2 empty net goals in the same game last night. Michael Grabber did it earlier this year and actually ended up with a hat trick in that game.

Barzal just got a hat trick, and it's just nice to remind everyone that Chirrelli is the only GM on earth who gets clowned by Garth Snow. Executive of the Year everybody!!! Also shout out to the Brooinz for passing on Barzal 3 consecutive times in the draft.

There are rumblings on the interweb that the Isles could be back at the Coliseum as soon as next year while Belmont is being built. They will have to make a decision fast because ST renewals are due early next month.

Bower is one of those guys that just had The Aura. We can't even comprehend what goaltending must have been like in those days. No such thing as a goalie coach, hell teams didn't even have backups when he started so there were literally 6 NHL goaltending jobs. No masks was still a regular thing. No concept of the butterfly (which would have been suicidal without a mask anyway). Guy didn't even crack the NHL regularly until his mid-30's and then dominated the next decade (he has a career .922 save percentage). Bower was an absolute master of his craft, a guy I have held in really high respect for years despite him retiring a generation before I was even born.

Just look at this complete madman, doing diving pokechecks with no mask. There isn't a player today that puts himself through anything like this guy.

• Like 1

Paul Maurice said during the after-practice media scrum today that Scheifele is out six to eight weeks. The Jets five day mandatory break and the all-star break both fall within that time period, so things could be worse. If it's six weeks, he misses 16 games. If it's eight weeks, he misses 22 games.

Thanks to a friend hooking me up with a ticket I am going to the Winter Classic. Can't help but laugh at people freaking out about how cold it will be. Know what people in Buffalo call a 17 degree F day? Spring. 

How many games does Phil Housley get to lose before he gets fired? He doesn't fucking belong as a head coach in the NHL, he's completely out of his depth. Hire a fucking competent NHL coach and end this shitshow.