DVDVR Message Board

2017-18 NHL SEASON: Period One

RIPPA

3 hours ago, sabremike said:

Ovie has 6 goals in a little over 4 periods of play.

He scored a hatty in the third period last game and then another in the first period of today's game. So 6 goals in 2 periods. I think sometimes people forget how good he is.

IIRC last year started with a bunch of crazy high scores too. I hope it keeps up this time. Fuck yeah 8-5 games.

On 10/4/2017 at 10:17 AM, Death From Above said:

Today is the first, but not last, day of the year making fun of the Vancouver Canucks becomes "official".

Plenty of time left and I'm expecting a bottom 5 finish for Vancouver, but I've got to get this in while I can...

TALBOT EXPOSED. The first Horvat goal was a legit beauty.

The Score had an article making a bunch of NHL predictions, one of which was AV getting canned by the new year. Henrik is done and so is that team's chances. Crocodile tears.

Hahaha I don't even have an explanation for Edmonton's near-permanent yips in Vancouver. I mean, look at this roster, the longest serving Oiler is probably RNH or something stupid at this point so they have no real excuses. That first period was bowling shoe ugly.

Kris Russell being defended constantly by "watch the game nerds" people is impossibly dumb given that watching the game you would see how incredibly bad he is with the puck in his own end of the ice. 

Tim Murray wasted 5 years of my life and we are now basically in the beginning of a rebuild having accomplished nothing. GMTM is close to Ed Johnson/Mike Milbury/Doug Waddle level as a total fuck up of a GM and should never get another job in hockey again (including beer vendor).

In the building for the Canes game against the Wild and it was the best atmosphere I've been to in almost a decade at a game in Raleigh.  The crowd was lit and you could see the players wanted to do well but maybe came out a bit nervous.  I really feel that the Hurricanes were robbed of goalie interference on the goal with 0.3 seconds left in regulation but a win is a win.  Onto a very tough challenge tomorrow at home vs the Blue Jackets.  Let's go Canes!

Whatever the record for most shorthanded goals in a season is, the Sabres are going to obliterate it. It's way too early to declare Housley a flop as coach but the early returns aren't promising.

• 2 weeks later...