DVDVR Message Board

2017-18 NHL SEASON: Period One

RIPPA

Blues-Pens and Flyers-Sharks tonight on NBCSN. Jets-Leafs and Flames-Oilers also tonight (assuming those are national telecasts in Canada, Center Ice in the US).

1 hour ago, sabremike said:

Blues-Pens and Flyers-Sharks tonight on NBCSN. Jets-Leafs and Flames-Oilers also tonight (assuming those are national telecasts in Canada, Center Ice in the US).

Both games in Canada are national telecasts, thus the terrible 6 pm local start time for the Jets on a weeknight.

First game for me is Saturday as my Sabres make their lone visit to Brooklyn, then I have the Columbus Day Blues-Isles matinee on Monday. The Isles are doing a program where they give STH's credit we can use to either get upgrades or buy additional tickets. I got like $600 in credit so I can get roughly 25 extra tickets in my section this season.

A guy on the Leafs got a penalty for an incorrect visor. Said player is grandfathered in and does not have to wear a visor, but because he had one that was incorrect he got a penalty. Never change NHL.

Do Maurice and that imbicele of a GM make it to the end of the season? Yeah, the thought of Leafs fans being even more insufferable than they already are fills me with hate. 

3 hours ago, Dewar said:

He got a penalty for how he wears his visor in the pre-season as well, plus a warning from the officials on his first shift.

Is there a pic of the visor and why it's illegal? 

On 10/6/2017 at 5:32 PM, RIPPA said:

Nathan Walker is scheduled to play for the Caps tomorrow

If he does - he will become the first Australian to play in the NHL

Apparently, the Australian Ambadassador to the US was going to the game.