DVDVR Message Board

Smackdown Is An Empty Arena Match - 10/3/2017

Dolfan in NYC

How is it Smackdown went from being the far superior brand to completely unremarkable so quickly?  Then again Raw isn't much different.

Speaking of flops, Mike Bennellis went from debuting straight on the main roster to being a total jobber in under 4 months.

• Sad 1

14 minutes ago, hammerva said:

Well the only reason they signed Mike Bennett is because of Maria.  Now she is pregnant.   So sucks for both of them.  Wrestling wise I mean

As long as those checks keep coming in, I'm sure they don't care that much. Selfishly, I do miss Maria being on my tv.

49 minutes ago, HumanChessgame said:

How is it Smackdown went from being the far superior brand to completely unremarkable so quickly?  Then again Raw isn't much different.

Speaking of flops, Mike Bennellis went from debuting straight on the main roster to being a total jobber in under 4 months.

Under 4 matches at that. Sad. I had high hopes as a big fan of his TNA run. He won his debut match and has lost every match since... a grand total of 5. Tonight not even 2 minutes.

SDL from Aug 2016 to April 2017 was greatness. Was Road Dogg not writing then? It was ever since the Superstar Shakeup that nuked SDL.

• Like 1

I guess Vince still hates Baron Corbin for not being ignorant about concussion research.

I dunno that a Corbin push would have ultimately gone anywhere, but it's still bizarre to see Corbin go from being a rumored Cena opponent at Wrestlemania to being rumored to go over Cena at Summer Slam two months ago to... jobbing to Ty Dillinger.  Was that Tye Dillinger.  That wasn't Tye's first win in a tv singles match, was it?

• Like 1

Smackdown Live's quality has definitely dropped for a while now, a big reason is the WWE Title picture. You go from AJ Styles as WWE Champion and main focus of the show to fuckin' Jinder Mahal while Styles is WWE United States Champion.

• Like 1

[Werner Herzog] There is something sickening and powerful about watching a 40 year old man dressed in casual CEO vest and jeans, delirious from being beaten about the head and face, crawling back toward his younger, stronger attacker to keep getting beaten all because he knows that its the only thing left that might make his twisted old father acknowledge his existence. It is the true face of the so-called circle of life. Not a happy tune sung by cartoon animals, but a slow drumbeat of terror and desperation first whined by a newborn as the adult male turns and strides back into the wilderness leaving it to its fate. The father will never accept the son because the father is driven only by the primal need to sew his seed and devour his enemies while the son, even now as a middle aged man, reverts instantly to that of the mewling hungry kitten desperate for protection and, haunted by a lifetime of his father's lessons in cruelty, the only skill he is capable of passing on, now performing this clownish martyr show to prove to himself that there is still hope to experience love in this world.  And all the while, the man cub knowing that what will really happen is that the slowly withering old man will puff himself up one more time and roar that the boy has once again disappointed the family before driving away with a woman young enough to be his grand-daughter. It is why the circle of life should be rewritten as a song encouraging the early euthenasia of the older generation unless they are childless. Let the will to procreate wrestle with the will to survive. We can call it the circle of impotent undeath. I would still have it sung by a cartoon baboon because I love that guy. [/Werner Herzog]

• Like 9
  • Thanks 10
  • Haha 1

10 minutes ago, Horton Hears a Wooo!!! said:

I guess Vince still hates Baron Corbin for not being ignorant about concussion research.

I dunno that a Corbin push would have ultimately gone anywhere, but it's still bizarre to see Corbin go from being a rumored Cena opponent at Wrestlemania to being rumored to go over Cena at Summer Slam two months ago to... jobbing to Ty Dillinger.  Was that Tye Dillinger.  That wasn't Tye's first win in a tv singles match, was it?

Baron Corbin should be joined by Road Dogg in the dog house. Corbin got it bad particularly in the manner he lost when cashing in his MITB contract.

16 minutes ago, The Natural said:

Baron Corbin should be joined by Road Dogg in the dog house. Corbin got it bad particularly in the manner he lost when cashing in his MITB contract.

Corbin belongs in the doghouse. Road Dogg needs to be put down because he came from a fucked up puppy mill.

• Like 4

I thought that main event segment was incredible.  I had my doubts about Kevin Owens getting anything but cheers for beating up Shane McMahon but he's done such a good job that he had the arena just calling for his blood (Except the aforementioned twerking and the one guy trying to start a Kevin Owens chant at the end there) and really wanting that Shane McMahon comeback.  I'm guessing the Falls-Count-Anywhere stip is so that Shane can do some huge stunt (Maybe off the titantron again?!) so he can lose but lose spectacularly.

Rest of the show was pretty meh.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Horton Hears a Wooo!!! said:

Baron is being made to look bad each week, seems to be feuding with Tye more than AJ, and dropped a clean fall to Tye.

Anyone else think all this means he beats AJ for the title on Sunday?

As soon as I saw he lost to Tye quickly I said to myself "Well he is winning the title on Sunday"