DVDVR Message Board

Tables, Ladders, and Chairs IX

Dolfan in NYC

Honestly, I am more intrigued with the changes of the card than I was before them. I am sorry, I was never invested in the Shield at all and each of them lost their allure when they decided to go solo and got exposed. And really, WWE has managed to make Nakamura uninteresting, ruin 205 for someone who alreay has incredibly low standards for entertainment, and fucked up Nelville. I needed AJ Styles vs Finn to give a shit about this company and 15+ minutes of my time because I was already looking at NJPW as my main wrestling company. I just have to get over the nonsensical selling or lack there of, Will Ospreay's nonsense, and the marathon matches that exhaust me because honestly why the fuck are undercard matches all 20+ minutes?

So Bray getting sick is blessing for me and I am not complaining with this company's overreaction and kneejerk tendencies to not utilize their talent properly for once because I am actually getting exactly what I want out of it for now. When Wrestlemania season comes around, sure, I'll be disappointed and be disillusioned, again but for now, I am actually intrigued about the change of events.

Who in fuck wanted to see Bray vs Finn for the 20th time anyways?

I have a feeling Styles/Balor is going to tease a Club reunion in some form or fashion. I hope, anyway. I'm super hyped for tonight. Between that match, Asuka's main roster debut, and the main event... yeah, going to get me a few beers and kick back.

Although... this won't come as a shock to some people:

Dave Meltzer said on Wrestling Observer Radio recently that there is some backstage concern over Kurt Angle’s return to the ring tonight at WWE TLC. With the TLC match full of big spots and risks, Meltzer noted that WWE officials are concerned that Angle will take a needless risk. Angle has not had the mentality of just another guy in the background, and may get caught up in the intensity of the match. Meltzer added that WWE officials will likely have to remind Angle to tone it down before the match.

Dave Meltzer said on Wrestling Observer Radio recently that there is some backstage concern over Kurt Angle’s return to the ring tonight at WWE TLC. With the TLC match full of big spots and risks, Meltzer noted that WWE officials are concerned that Angle will take a needless risk. Angle has not had the mentality of just another guy in the background, and may get caught up in the intensity of the match. Meltzer added that WWE officials will likely have to remind Angle to tone it down before the match.

This is just a huge callout for a GIF contest for "What is actually going to be happening in Kurt Angle's brain when they are telling him to tone it down before the match and he nods his head as if he is hearing their words."

An example:

NewConcreteElephantbeetle-small.gif

• Like 1

1 hour ago, RIPPA said:

BTW - just want to remind people that Syles wrestled on the SDL Chile show today too

That can't be true, can it? Just had a look at the distance and it takes at least 11 hours to fly from Santiago to Minneapolis, if flying direct. Plus the show only took place in the past couple of hours.

1 hour ago, RIPPA said:

BTW - just want to remind people that Syles wrestled on the SDL Chile show today too

He was on the Saturday show. This was the one today, that featured Triple H.

The New Day and Randy Orton defeated SmackDown Tag Team Champions The Usos and Sami Zayn.

Sin Cara defeated Aiden English.

Natalya defeated Naomi to retain her SmackDown Women’s Title.

Triple H defeated Rusev.

Becky Lynch and Charlotte defeated Tamina and Carmella.

Baron Corbin defeated Tye Dillinger and Bobby Roode to retain his US Title in a Triple Threat Match.

Jinder Mahal defeated Shinsuke Nakamura in a Street Fight to retain his WWE World Title.

Drew Gulak's segment got cut for an Elias performance. :( Of course, Gulak gets his money's worth by showing up on the preshow (ribbing Rosenberg by blasting his megaphone siren in his ear) and complaining about how THE MAN doesn't want to hear about his plan for a better 205 Live.