DVDVR Message Board

Tables, Ladders, and Chairs IX

Dolfan in NYC

20 minutes ago, Rick said:

2017 has been a bizarre year not only in WWE but in wrestling in general. Triple H donning the trunks (not literally there and then, though that would be funny) and jetting out to Chile to save the South America tour seems relatively normal protocol. Never a dull moment. Doubt we'll see another year like it. 

He’s going down there to scout a new Performance Center at the Celinto Catayente Towers.

• Haha 1

4 hours ago, odessasteps said:

Wasn’t there an MSRN thing a few years ago? Or am I remembering that wrong? 

There was a thing on the Indies like maybe a decade ago. I remember Samoa Joe and a couple of other wrestlers ended up getting staph infections from horrible wrestling canvas's that weren't cleaned right.

The HHH news is hilarious. Again, as I said before, the WWE has too many fucking people on their roster as is. They don't HAVE to pull guys out of retirements to save shows. I know it's apples and oranges but if Aaron Judge gets injured, the Yankees don't bring back Bernie Williams. They put a young guy in and see if he delivers. 

Roman is out. You can slide AJ or Orton into the main event and then, I dunno, call up McIntyre to fight Finn. Would the live crowd really be demanding refunds over that? 

I mean, I don't get outraged over the part-timer thing and I get that stars draw but it's just amazing that a few injuries caused this level of turmoil. There's like 15 guys in NXT  that you could call up tomorrow. Hell, they should just have thrown Pete Dunne out there tomorrow and you may have made a star. 

Since he was in the news recently, remember how they debuted Santino as a guy in the crowd who win a belt on a show in Italy?

Do that with someone new, either an NXT guy or a surprise signing?

Imagine using Dorada as a surprise guy in South America to win the IC/US belt.

54 minutes ago, Hagan said:

The HHH news is hilarious. Again, as I said before, the WWE has too many fucking people on their roster as is. They don't HAVE to pull guys out of retirements to save shows. I know it's apples and oranges but if Aaron Judge gets injured, the Yankees don't bring back Bernie Williams. They put a young guy in and see if he delivers. 

It's not a matter of "delivering" in the ring/on TV, they're on tour in South America and Owens went home - they need someone who will sell tickets.

7 hours ago, Godfrey said:

It's too bad Bo Dallas is patient zero because between the meningitis, Owens going home, Nia Jax disappearing, and AJ's rumored food poisoning, you could craft quite a conspiracy theory. Hell, you could even throw in Neville's walk out as part of it. It probably means Vince is a lizard person, which actually explains a lot.

We'll know something is up when Kalisto starts clucking like a chicken and Nakamura is trapped in the mystery spot. 

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, odessasteps said:

Since he was in the news recently, remember how they debuted Santino as a guy in the crowd who win a belt on a show in Italy?

Do that with someone new, either an NXT guy or a surprise signing?

Imagine using Dorada as a surprise guy in South America to win the IC/US belt.

Not sure if Argentineans and Chileans would get too excited over a Mexican winning a championship. 

26 minutes ago, Victator said:

We'll know something is up when Kalisto starts clucking like a chicken and Nakamura is trapped in the mystery spot. 

Neville walked out when Vince told him to get rid of those sideburns. 

• Like 7
  • Haha 1

The amazing thing is that WWE saw the single biggest match/angle they can offer at this point fall apart, went out of their way to make it up to the fans by giving them something special, and people are shitting on the company for it. Seriously that's totally ridiculous. They 100% deserve credit for doing right by their fans.

• Like 2

23 minutes ago, Infinit said:

Not sure if Argentineans and Chileans would get too excited over a Mexican winning a championship. 

Just give him a new identity and claim he's local. Wouldn't be the first time.

12 hours ago, Marty Sugar said:

Sister AJigail. It better happen. We paid to see the Demon King fight a dude dressed as a woman, dammit!

ALSO: nobody on either roster was available so the guy whose neck is held together by bubblegum and toothpicks didn't have to work a goddamn TLC? Matt Hardy is right there...

Seriously, it's in Minneapolis and they have that Brock Lesnar fellow on the roster. Though I don't know if they make riot gear in that size.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, RolandTHTG said:

TLC ending with Hogan aping the ending of the Wrestler and dropping the big leg off the top of a ladder onto Braun before exploding into a fine powder certainly has its merits

I always heard Beefcake was the one who was hollow and filled with cocaine, not Hogan.

This isn't about the network viewer but some of my friends are buying into the network today to see Kurt Angle so there's that.  But yes this is about trying to deliver a good show for the live audience.  AJ Styles inserted into the match with Finn Balor is a huge upgrade and Kurt's return to in-ring action sorta saves the planned Shield reunion.   The live fans will be more than happy to see all this.  It's definitely an intriguing show.  

TBH,  I was sold on The Shield vs. The Heenan Family anyway.  

Is this the final nail in the coffin of Bray Wyatt?

Unfair and deliberately factitious on the severity of meningitis aside but good luck selling the spooky undead supernatural character that is Bray Wyatt...and his demon possessive sister Abigail...who can't be here tonight due to a cold.

Undertaker would have been similarly DOA had his casket match with Kamala been rescheduled due to gastro..