DVDVR Message Board

Tables, Ladders, and Chairs IX

Dolfan in NYC

I'm surprised something like this doesn't happen more often in WWE. They're a traveling caravan on the road 50 weeks a year, crossing the country and flying around the world. For all we really know, the illness didn't actually start in the locker room. Someone may have been in contact with a sick person in an airport or took a selfie with a fan and it went from there.

1 hour ago, The Natural said:

It's tradition here with March Madness, Summer Blockbuster Pool, us ripping on the Davey Richards superplex spot, a steel in a steel Richards and setlle down XXX Cibernetio.

A XXX Cibernetico would be interesting. Do not discuss this topic any further.

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

It's too bad Bo Dallas is patient zero because between the meningitis, Owens going home, Nia Jax disappearing, and AJ's rumored food poisoning, you could craft quite a conspiracy theory. Hell, you could even throw in Neville's walk out as part of it. It probably means Vince is a lizard person, which actually explains a lot.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Burgundy LaRue said:

I'm surprised something like this doesn't happen more often in WWE. They're a traveling caravan on the road 50 weeks a year, crossing the country and flying around the world. For all we really know, the illness didn't actually start in the locker room. Someone may have been in contact with a sick person in an airport or took a selfie with a fan and it went from there.

Wasn’t there an MSRN thing a few years ago? Or am I remembering that wrong? 

1 minute ago, bink_winkleman said:

I'm assuming they were gonna re-debut Angle at Survivor Series and this happened instead, no?

It seemed like they were building to Angle vs. Miz at some point - I think they just pulled the trigger earlier because of panic.

Not surprisingly the reports are now that Angle will definitely work at least one of the Big 4 PPVs now too

7 minutes ago, Keep Calm, Akira Hokuto On said:

LOl, Daniel Bryan can't be a happy camper right now.  I imagine if a couple more guys get sick, they'll clear Hulk Hogan to wrestler a match.

I mean, they won't clear him out of spite because he got too over and ruined their plans with Batista three years ago or whatever. That is staggering pettiness, even for Vincent Kennedy McMahon.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

If Kurt was legit cleared; then, so be it. I don't how he could be, but maybe they think he's healed up enough to at least do something. I don't recall him having a huge history of brain injuries, but it was all his neck and pain killer addiction and alcohol.

5 hours ago, The Natural said:

It's tradition here with March Madness, Summer Blockbuster Pool, us ripping on the Davey Richards superplex spot, a steel in a steel Richards and setlle down XXX Cibernetio.

Looks like someone forgot to pay their air bill.

• Like 3

2 hours ago, Keep Calm, Akira Hokuto On said:

LOl, Daniel Bryan can't be a happy camper right now.  I imagine if a couple more guys get sick, they'll clear Hulk Hogan to wrestle a match.

Another guy I feel would be healthier to work a TLC over Kurt Angle. I'd choose Daniel Bryan, Hulk Hogan, Edge, Vince McMahon, Shane McMahon, Linda fucking McMahon...before I would choose Kurt Angle.

Not that Kurt Angle should be getting smashed in the head with a ladder  (no one should) but his last match was in March against Cody in a steel cage. It's not like he's been retired for 15 years due to injuries.  Tomorrow, he's not in there with Shibata. Kane and Miz work light as a feather and Cesaro is one of the best in the world. As long as he avoid Sheamus kicking his head off or Braun doesn't throw him throw five tables he'll be fine. In fact, I imagine Kurt will be so amped up he'll probably fuck someone up, actually. 

• Like 3

3 hours ago, Smelly McUgly said:

I mean, they won't clear him out of spite because he got too over and ruined their plans with Batista three years ago or whatever. That is staggering pettiness, even for Vincent Kennedy McMahon.

I suppose that I should be clear that this statement is 75% cheeky, 25% I-wouldn't-be-shocked-to-find-out-this-was-true commentary. 

I'm not that silly. Well, you know, comparatively to most silly wrestling fans.