DVDVR Message Board

Tables, Ladders, and Chairs IX

Dolfan in NYC

Who in NXT would fit in Shield 2.0 as a suprise fourth new member for their PPV match? 

I’m not saying to go all NWO in this with 50 members but I think a single guy being brought up and placed in the group for this reunion could provide a pretty damn good rub. I just don’t follow NXT close enough to pick someone. 

1 minute ago, Zartan said:

Who in NXT would fit in Shield 2.0 as a suprise fourth new member for their PPV match? 

I’m not saying to go all NWO in this with 50 members but I think a single guy being brought up and placed in the group for this reunion could provide a pretty damn good rub. I just don’t follow NXT close enough to pick someone. 

ASUKA? 

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, odessasteps said:

ASUKA? 

Shit you not I thought about that but only if we were still in shield dressed as swat team members. Because yes I want to see Asuka in swat team gear. 

Does she need the rub at this point? Although I’m convinced barring a run identical to her NXT one their going to fuck it up somehow. 

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Zartan said:

Shit you not I thought about that but only if we were still in shield dressed as swat team members. Because yes I want to see Asuka in swat team gear.  

Settle down ... wait, anyone else want this one? No? Ok ... Settle down, Hollywood Zartanetico.

• Haha 1

There's no need for a 4th Shield member, but if they were going to do one, may as well bring up Ohno since he was going to be an original member anyway. Plus, SWAT gear is better than the basketball shorts and jerseys.

• Like 4

There's really no good reason for Drew McIntyre to be in NXT instead of one of the primary brands.  He shouldn't be The Shield's fourth though.  Just wrap a tac vest around Son Of Mitch's pot.

Ideally, get Bork to show up for Survivor Series and move The Usos over to Raw.  Lesnar/Joe/Strowman/Bar vs. Shield/Usos.

I think they may have done too much on Raw since we're already talking about Survivor Series.  Going to be hard to top putting Strowman through a desk and making Booker fall off the stage.

The show is just over a week away and there are only four matches announced with only two titles (women's and CW) being defended.  With the IC and tag title holders being involved in the main event and because Brock is Brock and never defends his title then matches for those are off the table.  Another Bray/Balor match, probably involving some cringeworthy gimmick is likely on the table and maybe we get another Elias vs Crews match.  Is anyone else even feuding on Raw right now?  Nothing on this show is anything that couldn't just be done on a random Raw episode as a build to Survivor Series, but PPV fatigue it is.

Since Survivor Series is brought up here, in the TLC main event have team Miz get the upper hand due to the numbers game, but towards the end Miz tries to order Strowman around and gets slammed through a table for his efforts  This is followed by Strowman walking out on them and allowing Shield to get the win.  Strowman goes on to campaign for a rematch with Brock at SS and wins the belt there.  Given the match layout of the past few years I'd imagine they're going to do a Team Raw vs Team SD thing once again, though I wish they'd just do an 8 or 10 man match for each brand instead.  If so, the Miztourage and The Bar look for payback against The Shield who join up with The Good Brothers (they decide that since the Shield are all working together and sticking up for one another then they are, in fact, Good Brothers and not Nerds).  Shield win and the next night on Raw they're celebrating in the ring when the lights go out.  "We're here"

19 hours ago, HumanChessgame said:

Looking over the card I'm thinking Gallagher/Kendrick vs. Alexander/Swan has potential to be MOTN. It's on the main card and the show doesn't have a ton of shit to cram in so they should get a decent amount of time to show their stuff.

Yes, this is a pretty thin card, but I feel like Enzo/Kalisto and Cedric/Swann vs. Gallagher/Kendrick being on the main card is a dig at Neville. 

I just looked at the official TLC previews. "Drew Gulak to present WWE Cruiserweight Championship Edition of his Powerpoint Presentation" sold me on the show.

If it just said something like "Drew Gulak to present Powerpoint presentation on WWE Cruiserweight Championship", it would still be funny. But the way it's worded makes it sound like the guy has one Powerpoint presentation that he modifies for whatever purpose.

Note that I don't watch 205 Live, so I don't know the context, and am probably happier that way.

6 hours ago, NikoBaltimore said:

I would gladly pay to see that version of the Demon/Sister Abigail match.  While I might be in the minority I'm actually looking forward to Finn in Halloween paint.

I remember reading this elsewhere, here, but this is the weirdest "rubber match", where one guy has already lost the first 2 of the series, and all signs are pointing to him losing the third.  Wtf kinda feud is this?!??!