DVDVR Message Board

Raw is TANGO HOTEL ECHO BRAVO ALPHA ROMEO - 10/2/2017

Dolfan in NYC

I will say that the Shield reunion will at least keep me tuning in. But what's the next step after Miz/The Bar and a potential Survivor Series match? 

It feels like the time has passed for Anderson and Gallows to form a Balor Club.

If they get the Wyatts back together for like the third or fourth time, can they be convinced to stop breaking them up? 

Handicap match versus Braun?

Better yet, with Roman on the trajectory he's on, will they still have the nuts to make the TLC match winner take all for the IC and tag belts?

Intrigue abound. I hope they have a roadmap worthy of a reunion. Though I should know better. 

Enzo's pretty damn good as a heel, but..... the angle has to end sooner or later and watching Enzo emasculate the cruiserweight roster doesn't really make me want to see more of any of them, or 205 Live in general.  The angle's going to end and they should be trying to build up a few of these guys.  I kinda think Enzo retains against Kallisto, and the rest of the cw roster is basically nerfed until the drop the "couldn't touch me" stip.  So, right now, the only other person Enzo can put over is.... Kaliisto.  Also, Meltzer says the plan is to present Enzo as a heel on the show, but a babyface outside the ring, so they can hopefully keep his merchandise sales strong.  I'm not even sure that's doable, but, if it is, it probably isn't the WWE writers that could pull it off.

I could get behind Enzo as a heel who delusionally thinks he's still a babyface.

Enzo's best use is probably heel mouthpiece.  Maybe they should find him a 7-footer.... oops, a 6'8" footer.. to be his muscle.

Other than Enzo, I enjoyed the Bar beating up Roman and.... Emma, maybe?  My interest in the RAW roster right now is basically just the Bar and maybe Bayley.  Not good.

If they're going to tweak Bray's gimmick, might i suggest mute invisible man (invisible mime?).  I could deal with that.  Really hoping they don't call Nikki up from NXT just to sabotage her with Bray.

1 hour ago, Horton Hears a Wooo!!! said:

Enzo's pretty damn good as a heel, but..... the angle has to end sooner or later and watching Enzo emasculate the cruiserweight roster doesn't really make me want to see more of any of them, or 205 Live in general.  The angle's going to end and they should be trying to build up a few of these guys.  I kinda think Enzo retains against Kallisto, and the rest of the cw roster is basically nerfed until the drop the "couldn't touch me" stip.  So, right now, the only other person Enzo can put over is.... Kaliisto.  Also, Meltzer says the plan is to present Enzo as a heel on the show, but a babyface outside the ring, so they can hopefully keep his merchandise sales strong.  I'm not even sure that's doable, but, if it is, it probably isn't the WWE writers that could pull it off.

See, they should have learned their lesson back when this was tried with Big Show and The Rock.  They tried that exact same thing - Keep Show a face, he did face things, but only make it clear that he's not that impressed with the Rock's shtick.  It lasted maybe two weeks, then fuck it, they just turned Show heel because when in doubt, turn Show ... motherfucker's been turned more times than rotisserie chicken, so what's one more?

1 hour ago, Horton Hears a Wooo!!! said:

If they're going to tweak Bray's gimmick, might i suggest mute invisible man (invisible mime?).  I could deal with that.  Really hoping they don't call Nikki up from NXT just to sabotage her with Bray.

Nikki Cross shouldn't be separated from Sanity, especially not for dead in the water Bray. 

I think the biggest problem with the Kalisto reveal was that Angle made an appearance to build it up. That short 45 second build up got everybody excited and when it was "just Kalisto", everybody was deflated. If Kalisto's music had hit instead of Angle's and Kalisto just ran down to the ring and took out Enzo, just as he did, I think it would've been much more well received. Such a small thing, really, but made all the difference.

• Like 2

9 minutes ago, MonteCarl said:

I think the biggest problem with the Kalisto reveal was that Angle made an appearance to build it up. That short 45 second build up got everybody excited and when it was "just Kalisto", everybody was deflated. If Kalisto's music had hit instead of Angle's and Kalisto just ran down to the ring and took out Enzo, just as he did, I think it would've been much more well received. Such a small thing, really, but made all the difference.

Agreed completely. Because Angle showing up and teasing a reveal is literally what had me going BOYAKA BOYAKA. 

The Shield reunion would be a lot better if WWE had a War Games style match or even if Raw had HIAC this year. There are a few separate feuds converging organically that feel like they warrant a big gimmick. Meanwhile, SD's HIAC show is the standard post 2009 "well we have to put something in the cell" kind of card. I guess they can get away with making it a TLC. Miz/Bar/Braun vs. Shield/Someone (Finn maybe?) would be a lot of fun and would be fitting since the Shield's first match was a TLC.

Definitely agree that the Angle hype made Kalisto feel like a bigger letdown. That was a "Curtis Axel as the newest Paul Heyman guy" moment for sure.

Did I miss an explanation for why the Bar attacked Roman? "Hey fella, if we attack Roman while we're feuding with Rollins and Ambrose, that'll get the Shield to reunite and then we can get our asses kicked"

• Like 3

14 minutes ago, Craig H said:

BTW, I think the Bray thing was ripped off from the crazy guy at the end of Alien: Resurrection. 

The guy who made the deal with God, so he'd live forever?   That's Alien 3.   Unless you think of the guy who pulled the other guy in front of him, so the chest burster could kill him too.  

Because the latter is how I feel having to watch this feud continue. 

24 minutes ago, Dolfan in NYC said:

The guy who made the deal with God, so he'd live forever?   That's Alien 3.   Unless you think of the guy who pulled the other guy in front of him, so the chest burster could kill him too.  

Because the latter is how I feel having to watch this feud continue. 

No, I'm pretty sure it's Alien: Resurrection. Shit, I can't believe I even remember this, and can't remember other things. Anyway, at the end of the movie when there's the weird, white looking Xenomorph, some weirdo character is going on and on about how, "it's transforming into a beauuuuuutiful butterfly." And then that characters gets murdered.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Brian Fowler said:

Did I miss an explanation for why the Bar attacked Roman? "Hey fella, if we attack Roman while we're feuding with Rollins and Ambrose, that'll get the Shield to reunite and then we can get our asses kicked"

Seamus's vulnerability to the sun makes it so he can't get enough of its vital rays essential for brain function.

• Haha 3

21 hours ago, Horton Hears a Wooo!!! said:

I could get behind Enzo as a heel who delusionally thinks he's still a babyface.

Enzo's best use is probably heel mouthpiece.  Maybe they should find him a 7-footer.... oops, a 6'8" footer.. to be his muscle.

Other than Enzo, I enjoyed the Bar beating up Roman and.... Emma, maybe?  My interest in the RAW roster right now is basically just the Bar and maybe Bayley.  Not good.

They are going to Honky Tonk Enzo to get the Cruisers over.  At this point, it is their only hope since nobody cares about the division except for workrate people.  The casual fan is not interested.  This whole change the ropes and add Welcome to Night Vale mood lighting has been a disaster because nothing says get excited for the Cruisers more than mood lighting.  They could try adding Stephanie and HHH sitting at ringside with red wine and petit fours.  I should not have given then that idea.

The moment they changed the ropes and added mood lighting they emasculated the entire division.  What Enzo should do next is require his matches to have regular ropes and no mood lighting.

Enzo's merchandise should stay strong because he fits the pro-Trump troll demographic.

• RIPPA unpinned this topic
On 10/2/2017 at 11:35 PM, Victator said:

I see people are pretending Kalisto isn't good. For supposedly smart fans, they are easily swayed by booking. 

Kalisto's just fine, but after that amount of build up this was Black Scorpion level of disappointment.  To be fair, considering how out-of-touch VKM is, I suppose we should consider ourselves lucky that he didn't roll out Mil Mascaras.

Realistically, with no build or rumors of a new signing or call-up, it was probably going to be Sin Cara or Kallisto.  But Angle coming out made it seem like a big deal and the audience went with it and expected a big surpise.  Then Kallisto came out.