DVDVR Message Board

2017 NFL: WEEK FIVE

Dolfan in NYC

Have to say, it's pretty funny how the Todd Haley "Let's throw at Jalen Ramsey" plan fell flat on it's face. And it appears we broke Ben like 'Bama breaks Tennessee's will to live every year too!

It's so weird to actually like football on Sundays for once.

Watt and Mercilus are done for the year.

So out for the year =

#1 defensive player and heart of team JJ Watt 

#3 defensive player Whitney Mercilus

#1 offensive lineman Duane Brown (still holding out - 9 million is too little to play for apparently)

#1 tight end CJF (3 concussions)

still don’t know when our #1 corner Kevin Johnson is coming back.

yeah, so we finally find a QB and everything else immediately melts down around him.

Good thing the Browns are coming to town next week.

The update of the Giants WR injuries

• OBJ - fractured ankle (out for season)
  • Dwayne Harris (who is also their kick returner) - fractured foot (out for season)
  • Brandon Marshall - sprained ankle (out unknown time)
  • Sterling Shepard - sprained ankle (out at least a couple of weeks)

Say what you will about Drew Magary, he absolutely nailed this take: 

Browns at Jets: Our own Samer Kalaf noted that the Giants are now in a much better position than the Jets to get the No. 1 overall pick and draft Sam Darnold or Lamar Jackson or the franchise QB of their choice. That would be the most Jets thing to ever happen, and I’m deeply ashamed that I never considered the possibility prior to this season. Of course the big brother New York team is gonna pull a 2011 Colts while the Jets are left to draft Kyle Brady Jr. This was always how it was gonna play out.

• Haha 1

I will say - I started thinking that last night

"Wouldn't it be funny if injuries derailed an aging Manning's team and allowed them to reload for the future"

Of course - I have no faith in the Giants at all to draft well

Bucs sign Patrick Murray to replace Nick Folk

Folk technically is hurt as they put him on IR but the designation they used means he will be released once he is healthy

So Eli's receiving corps for the foreseeable future is gong to be Roger Lewis, Tavarres King, Travis Rudolph and Darius Powe if they take him off the PS. Good luck with that.