DVDVR Message Board

2017 NFL: WEEK FIVE

Dolfan in NYC

I'm drinking the Kool-Aid, man.

Texans and Chiefs are gonna have an old fashioned shoot out.  Deshaun continues his OROY push with a clutch 4th quarter comeback and win the game off of a John Christian Ka'iminoeauloameka'ikeokekumupa'a "Ka'imi" Fairbairn field goal. 

Kareem Hunt ain't gonna get 100 yards.  JJ Watt gets his first sack of the year.

5 hours ago, Tabe said:

I would. I'd love to see him suiting up for the Packers or Bears. 

Watch Stafford go down and that's the dude you got throwing passes on the sidelines about to go into the game.

1 hour ago, Elsalvajeloco said:

Watch Stafford go down and that's the dude you got throwing passes on the sidelines about to go into the game.

See, I thought we were friends. And now you're saying things like this to me. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

While this is probably going to be awfully over blown on both sides of the sports agenda,  Cam really picked a bad time to play the too cool for school attitude.  I mean he probably heard a dozen worse questions than that this week from people supposedly more qualified.  Apparently when she tried to talk to Cam afterward she said "it was worse".   

33 minutes ago, hammerva said:

While this is probably going to be awfully over blown on both sides of the sports agenda,  Cam really picked a bad time to play the too cool for school attitude.  I mean he probably heard a dozen worse questions than that this week from people supposedly more qualified.  Apparently when she tried to talk to Cam afterward she said "it was worse".   

What would happen if Cam were a white guy and made racist comments instead of sexist? I can't help but think the NFL would (rightly) do more than issue a statement. 

9 hours ago, Ryan said:

Cam Newton's an idiot.

Cam Newton is the exact worse person on the planet to have to stand in front of people and answer questions every day.  He is usually harmlessly absurd, but it is clear that he is a terrible public speaker.  He tries to speak in the stereotypical quarterback cliches and mangles those.  When he pouted and left after the Super Bowl, I felt like it was the single best career decision he ever made.  He's not the dude who should be answering a bunch of questions under stress, he just isn't built for it.  I hate that it came out this way, but I'm not surprised at all that one of his press conferences went off the rails.  I'm really surprised we don't get more of this, because public speaking is something a lot of people struggle with.

I don't like public speaking either, but I've never said anything sexist or racist while doing so. Its a joke you make with your football buddies after the game, not with cameras on you, and 99.9% of sports players would have known better. Lynch and R. Williams don't like speaking either but they just used one word answers. I don't think he is sexist, I just think he's not smart enough to know when its appropriate to make that type of joke. And still not smart enough to do a real apology. Maybe losing a sponsor will help it click in his head, but at his age he probably just is the way he is.

• Like 2

10 hours ago, JustJay said:

Apparently Titans signed Weeden because he knew the offense. Where as if they signed Kap it would take a bit of learning where they may need Weeden to step in quickly with Mariota's hamstring. http://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/20916375/tennessee-titans-did-not-interest-colin-kaepernick

This is honestly horseshit. Most of the teams in the league run so many of the same types of plays(especially teams with mobile starters like the Titans) that the only real difference is the terminology used to call them and what they use to check out of/into a different one.

• Like 4