DVDVR Message Board

MLB 2017 - WILDCARD / DIVISIONAL PLAYOFFS

Dolfan in NYC

Still bummed about JJ, but this is a pleasant surprise. Astros close out Boston at Fenway. Got a little worried when Hinch put in Verlander inexplicably and he immediately gave up the lead, but proud they still came through.

go Yankees! Take the Indians to five!

15 hours ago, Lawful Metal said:

go Yankees! Take the Indians to five!

Reminder - you want the Yanks to win the series because that means the Stros get home field in the ALCS

35 minutes ago, Craig H said:

Oh my God oh my God oh my God

So the game is postponed until tomorrow because the weather here is shit. But get this, Dusty is still going with Roark tomorrow instead of Strass.

From ESPN:

Stephen Strasburg is feeling under the weather so the Nationals will hold him back for a potential Game 5. Dusty Baker says "a lot" of his team isn't feeling well. Tanner Roark will face Jake Arrieta in Game 4 on Wednesday, as originally planned.

I still don't understand how a team with such a ridiculous starting rotation never wins in the playoffs. This is far from over, but it feels very over.

Stephen Strasburg declines Game 4 start after rainout, leaving Nationals running for cover

This was going to be Stephen Strasburg’s moment of glory.

The time he took the ball, thanks to Tuesday night’s rainout in Game 4 at Wrigley Field, and saved the Washington Nationals’ season.

It would be his opportunity to be a hero in Washington, erasing those painful memories of 2012 when he was shut down for the playoffs, perhaps ruining the Nationals’ best chance to win a World Series.

The Nationals were all set to pitch him Wednesday in Game 4 at 4:08 p.m. ET [TBS] at Wrigley Field, trailing 2-1 to the Chicago Cubs, only for Strasburg to decline.

He told them he’s under the weather.

He informed the Nationals’ staff that he ran a half-mile Tuesday afternoon, and was wheezing during his run, and simply isn’t prepared to start Wednesday, even though he’d be on regular rest, according to a person with direct knowledge of the Nationals' pitching plans.

The person spoke to USA TODAY Sports on condition of anonymity because he was not authorized to speak publicly about internal deliberations.

So they are going back to Roark, while Strasburg awaits to see if there even is a Game 5 on Thursday at Nationals Park.

Nationals manager Dusty Baker tried to cover for Strasburg at their press conference, saying that Strasburg threw a bullpen session Tuesday, and was simply unavailable.

Only, Strasburg actually threw his bullpen session Monday.

He didn’t throw a pitch Tuesday.

And decided, apparently, that he couldn’t go in Game 4.

Unbelievable.