DVDVR Message Board

A Rick & Morty Thread

RIPPA

1 hour ago, Craig H said:

I was just going to post about this. We're doing a rewatch of it and yeah, they've been building up to Beth's issues since either Rixty Minutes or the first interdimensional tv episode. As for the Beth and Jerry storyline, this feels like the conclusion to something that started back with interdimensional tv. They were always going to wind up back together because they're both familiar with each other's brand of crazy.

I need to go back and do a rewatch season 1 and 2.  I don't remember the eps all that well.  Season 1, especially.  I watched every ep but didn't care for the show much at that point, so I probably only paid half attention.   

Amazon has seasons 1 and 2 fairly cheaply, so I'll probably just order the DVD sets later today.   

Edit: Assuming Wikipedia is accurate (hah!), ratings are well up over the season 2 average (which were a lot better than season 1).

I'm surprised how hooked on this show I am.  I don't even like Harmon. I really disliked Community.

• Like 1

Co-creator. Executive producer. Producer. Head writer on the writing staff, or co-head writer, however that's set up. Roiland has most of the same staff positions, but also does voice work.

59 minutes ago, Horton Hears a Wooo!!! said:

I need to go back and do a rewatch season 1 and 2.  I don't remember the eps all that well.  Season 1, especially.  I watched every ep but didn't care for the show much at that point, so I probably only paid half attention.   

Amazon has seasons 1 and 2 fairly cheaply, so I'll probably just order the DVD sets later today.   

Edit: Assuming Wikipedia is accurate (hah!), ratings are well up over the season 2 average (which were a lot better than season 1).

I'm surprised how hooked on this show I am.  I don't even like Harmon. I really disliked Community.

Hulu has them streaming, FWIW.. . .

Well, Hulu Plus last I checked anyway. You can currently stream the first 7 eps of season 3 on the [AS] site and the most recent 3 with a provider login thing, but it's not HD or anything.

On 10/2/2017 at 9:31 AM, Kuetsar said:

I thought finale was pretty good except for bringing Jerry back. For all the talk of how Rick is a bad person(and he is), Jerry is still, by a mile the worst character on the show. He's a whiny, toxic mess of a human being who brings nothing to the table. Rick is a narcissist trouble maker who leaves chaos in his wake, but he's still a better person than Jerry,  a walking pile of human excrement. Kind of baffled why they would spend a whole season taking a dump on Jerry, just to magically press the reset button, unless they are trolling us, which is probably the case.

I mean, I dunno about that.  The ending for the first episode of the season felt like they were taking a dump on Rick.  That monologue at the end made him look more like an unhinged psychopath than usual.

This whole season's entire basis was about the toxicity of Rick's entire existence on himself and everyone and everything around him as far as I can tell.

• Like 1

Well, yeah, but the show would be really dull if Rick wasn't toxic.  If the show revolved around Clean Rick (from the Spa episode), we probably wouldn't have gotten season 2.

Rick is a fictional character.  Being a walking tire fire is his most appealing feature.

• Like 1

Season 3 was not as good as season 2 with one major exception. "The Ricklantis Mix-up" where the Citadel of Rick's was the focus. It was such an outstanding ep that it almost made up for an unspectacular season. The citadel could be it's own spin off and I'd love it.

"Morty's Mind Blowers" and a few other episodes were OK, but not as mind-bending awesome as past works. Looks like the next season we get to see Evil Morty or Mr Poopy Butthole as villains. Hopefully they show some teeth and are not just disregarded and defeated easily. Rick needs a worthy foe.

Also, inter-dimensional cable 3 will be great, that's an impossible concept for such a smart show to botch. Season 3 gets a solid grade B+ and season 4 is sure to be better.

Speaking of video game reviewers, the Angry Video Game Nerd just put out a wrestling game edition of his youtube nerd videos. Completely off topic but DVDRers everywhere might want to check it out. I give it a B-.

Back on topic, Rick mentioned Stone Cold Steve Austin once this season and I fell in love even more with Rick & Morty.

• Like 1

I've always thought that everything Nietzche said about the ubermensch was bullshit, but the Last Men were a real phenomenon.  Jerry is the Last Man.  And if Rick is the ubermensch, with all his self-defeating tendencies and failure to enrich his own life or recreate the world, that kind of plays to my biases.

24 minutes ago, Cliff Hanger said:

Reading reports of the sauce nightmare makes me glad that I tried it in the day, disliked it, and said "Good for whoever wants it."  It also makes me ashamed and reminds me of how uncomfortable most of the fandoms for things I love make me.

Holy shit! You mean that's rea1????!!!!  

(Uses google, discovers it was indeed a real promotion that went wrong...)

I saw some posts about it on Twitter and thought it was some sort of fan joke.  I had no idea it was a real thing until I read your post.

11 hours ago, Matt788 said:

Season 4 needs a Rick campaign to bring back the BK Rodeo Burger or the Taco Bell Quad Steak Burrito. If they must do this sort of thing.

BKs here still have the Rodeo, it's on the value menu. Shit, they just had a promotion for a deluxe one.

21 hours ago, Matt788 said:

Speaking of video game reviewers, the Angry Video Game Nerd just put out a wrestling game edition of his youtube nerd videos. Completely off topic but DVDRers everywhere might want to check it out. I give it a B-.

Back on topic, Rick mentioned Stone Cold Steve Austin once this season and I fell in love even more with Rick & Morty.

Not a bad sitcom week for Stone Cold Steve Austin between this and being namedropped on The Good Place later in the week.