DVDVR Message Board

[NXT] OCT 2017 DISCUSSION

RIPPA

I would guess they are losing because they are on their way up but at the same time I find it hard to believe they bring Ellering with them.  I don't think AOP has a chance without a mouthpiece.  Unless Heyman takes them or something. Or Enzo.  Which actually now that I think about that, would be amazing.

I thought they would come in and be with the Miz to take on the Shield. They could take out Bo and Axel. Miz with the AOP would be awesome.

That Cocoa show last night was pretty good even though I missed the first 3 matches. Lio Rush faced Raul Mendoza, a fun Hideo vs Ohno match and the main event of Kairi/Ember vs Mandy Rose and Bianca Belair. I have no idea why mandy isn't on NXT tv. She's already better than Team Iconic. 

• Like 1

AOP is a great muscle tag team and there's quite a few main roster acts that could use them. I like the idea of them displacing the Miz-tourage after Bo and Curtis fail the Miz one too many times. Pairing them with Enzo would be hilarious, but they'd be wasted on 205. I wouldn't mind Heyman picking them up just for the chance of getting Brock/AOP vs. The Shield at Fast Lane to set up two potential Mania matches.

The darkhorse pairing that I'm not sure about but would be an interesting gamble is putting them with Bray.

Spoiler

Pretty crazy that the first War Games match in WWE history will feature Eric Young and Adam Cole. I mean, all the fantasy booking everyone did with every big name star in the world over the years and they finally pull the trigger with this group. Wrestling is wild. 

I appreciate spoilers and all but really, if you know it's TV taping night and you make a bee-line here, you're kinda asking for it.

That being said, WOW.  They did a DAMN good job of booking tonight.  And yeah, I really hope this is going where I think it is.  

I brought it up in the main wrestling thread last night

Triple H tweeted it and it is officially the name of the show so it is public

That being said - it does appear they are trying to not spoil who the participants are.

Holy fucking shit. MOTHERFUCKING WAR GAMES! THE MATCH BEYOND!

If ever there were a time to give Gary Michael Cappetta a one-off pay day just to announce the match as WAR GAMES: THE MATCH BEYOND, this is it.

• Like 1