DVDVR Message Board

OCT 2017 WRESTLING PHOTO THREAD

RIPPA

49 minutes ago, Infinit said:

Maybe Jinder has been wise with his money and it treating himself for reaching the pinnacle of his profession?

Probably, but that doesn't create as much potential comedy for the DVDVR as Jinder going all Ric Flair; pissing his money away living the gimmick. Those ex-wives are going to make sure they get their share, too.

1 hour ago, Nice Guy Eddie said:

Probably, but that doesn't create as much potential comedy for the DVDVR as Jinder going all Ric Flair; pissing his money away living the gimmick. Those ex-wives are going to make sure they get their share, too.

Let us have it; it's the only way anyone is ever going to enjoy anything related to Jinder's title run.

• Like 2

On 10/17/2017 at 2:09 PM, Pete said:

Something about the salesman's face that just cracks the hell out of me.

I finally realized what's missing from this pic: A Singh brother falling from the ceiling and crashing into the display case.

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

5 hours ago, Infinit said:

Maybe Jinder has been wise with his money and it treating himself for reaching the pinnacle of his profession?

I don't think anyone considers working beneath Kevin Owens main events as the pinnacle of their profession. 

Just now, Infinit said:

He's carrying the championship with the most storied lineage in his profession.

And not being the featured match on the card. Tied in with Brock being who the company really considers champion. 

I'm not sure how he could save enough money to buy that kinda watch. Up til April he was Rusty Brooks. 

• Haha 1

19 minutes ago, Victator said:

And not being the featured match on the card. Tied in with Brock being who the company really considers champion. 

I'm not sure how he could save enough money to buy that kinda watch. Up til April he was Rusty Brooks. 

Are you privy to his banking information?

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Pete said:

And then there's this.

Sachin is the Babe Ruth of cricket for all intents and purposes. This is a straight-up coup for Jinder.

Those shirts may as well have been left in India because they're not going to sell anywhere else.

• Haha 1

35 minutes ago, Nice Guy Eddie said:

Those shirts may as well have been left in India because they're not going to sell anywhere else.

1. There is a sizable Indian immigrant population in North American that will probably tell you otherwise.

2. Dude is probably making a killing in merch money from India. Not surprising he's Rolex shopping lol.

17 minutes ago, Infinit said:

1. There is a sizable Indian immigrant population in North American that will probably tell you otherwise.

Those half empty arenas tell me the Indian population or any other population aren't flocking to see Jinder. There's no shame in admitting WWE tried something different and it was a failure.

23 minutes ago, Nice Guy Eddie said:

Those half empty arenas tell me the Indian population or any other population aren't flocking to see Jinder. There's no shame in admitting WWE tried something different and it was a failure.

There are half empty arenas for both brands.

1 hour ago, Infinit said:

There are half empty arenas for both brands.

That doesn't really help the point you're trying to make.

They're not really doing Jinder any favors with the guys they're programming him against.  He needs to be working against guys who are going to bust their ass to bring out whatever potential he may still have (like how Braun learned to work during his programs with Show, Sami, and Roman).  Putting him against three of the least-motivated guys on the roster (Nak, Randy, Brock) isn't teaching him anything (though I guess it's good news for Dolph, who's probably getting a main event push soon if the pattern holds up).  I bet he could learn a lot from AJ.

Of course, it could just be that this really is as good as he's ever going to be...

• Like 1

2 hours ago, mattdangerously said:

That doesn't really help the point you're trying to make.

They're not really doing Jinder any favors with the guys they're programming him against.  He needs to be working against guys who are going to bust their ass to bring out whatever potential he may still have (like how Braun learned to work during his programs with Show, Sami, and Roman).  Putting him against three of the least-motivated guys on the roster (Nak, Randy, Brock) isn't teaching him anything (though I guess it's good news for Dolph, who's probably getting a main event push soon if the pattern holds up).  I bet he could learn a lot from AJ.

Of course, it could just be that this really is as good as he's ever going to be...

It does when you realize the WWE doesn’t care either way and turning Jinder in to some sort of workrate machine won’t do anything to change the fact they made a jobber the champ to break in to a new market and people know it so they won’t give a crap about him or his matches until it’s the one he loses the title. 

Let Jinder have his moment.  It won't last and if he doesn't, he'll regret it.  Let him savor it and enjoy it.

Sometimes wrestlers are fans first and it actually means something to them to win the belt, even if they're not in the main event.  It shows what they trained and worked for paid off.

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1