DVDVR Message Board

OCT 2017 WRESTLING JIBBER JABBER

RIPPA

Is anyone listening to the Jerry Lawler podcast. At first I was not into it because King is so low key and nothing riles him. But over time it becomes its appeal. He has a great mind for wrestling. He has a way of talking about indy wrestlers slowing down without it sounding like a rant. He had an even handed way of talking about the Sasha Banks fan business that covered every side. It seems like sound avuncular advice and not talking down to people.

Even if something bugs him he just says "That's stupid" then moves on. I really recommend looking it up. 

I wouldn't be surprised if Emma took a look at her spot, realized she was in the exact same spot she was in NXT years ago, and finally realized she wasn't going anywhere and asked for a release.

At this point she needs some freshening up before coming back or she'll never get anywhere.

If they had planned to release Emma and laid out those matches with Asuka like that...

That said, looking forward to Emma tearing it up with Toni Storm in Progress or some shit. 

Also, on a larger scale, the WWE would be well served in turning over the roster. There's about a million dead midcard acts and a shit ton of new faces in NXT that could bring freshness to the main shows. 

• Like 2

Slater and Rhyno have been taking turns beating up which member of the Revival is healthy on Main Event. Plus Slater hosts Game Night on WWE's YouTube channel. He's likely safe.

Not surprised about Emma. Since the entire Emmalina mess went up in smoke, she felt like she was on borrowed time. Summer Rae was as good as gone when she got cleared months ago but still didn't bring her back when they sorely needed an extra woman. Young is a bit out of left field in that he's been promoting WWE as recent as last night. Then again, there's no spot for him unless they put him back with Titus O'Neil for a Prime Time Players reunion.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Michael Sweetser said:

I wouldn't be surprised if Emma took a look at her spot, realized she was in the exact same spot she was in NXT years ago, and finally realized she wasn't going anywhere and asked for a release.

At this point she needs some freshening up before coming back or she'll never get anywhere.

• Sad 2

Guest Stefanie Without Stefanie

It wouldn't surprise me if Emma asked for her release. I can't imagine WWE would have given her the spot against Asuka last week if they planned to release her a week later.