DVDVR Message Board

OCT 2017 WRESTLING JIBBER JABBER

RIPPA

My new least favourite spot (Even worse than my previous most hated spot tag spot of GUY 1 throwing GUY 2 into his partner GUY 3 who grabs him in a headlock for no apparent reason then GUY 1 hits GUY 3 with a clothesline or dropkick and he hangs onto the headlock and ends up DDTing his partner, again for no reason) is Ray Rowe headbutting his opponents' forearms. I've seen it a few times now and it looks dumb every time, his opponents get the advantage on him and starting throwing forearms but Rowe headbutts THROUGH the forearms, hurting his opponents' arms but not his own head.  I hate this spot.  It sucks.

• Thanks 1

On ‎10‎/‎2‎/‎2017 at 5:52 PM, nofuture said:

Man, too bad that Kane is running for mayor of some hick town.  The One Night Only Return of Issac Yankem DDS angle is right there waiting to print money.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

On RAW, WWE continues rewriting Ultimate Warrior's hateful past - AV Club

It's a discussion worth having, although ultimately a fruitless one since it's not going to change much. I knew some of the things mentioned in that article already, and always thought Warrior wouldn't be out of place protesting with the Westboro Baptist Church - but then I saw a post on Reddit where Warrior was talking about Bobby Heenan years ago, and it was just fucking vile.

Here's the quote in question:

When Heath Ledger died, Warrior went on a diatribe about why no one should feel sorry for Ledger or his family, and suggesting Ledgerr was a good dad because he committed suicide and thus removed his "negative influence" on his kids.  This was seemingly based on Ledger appearing in Brokeback Mountain.  He once complained that it was unfair that George Washington didn't have his own holiday, but Martin Luther King did, since King only walked a few miles and pretended to be a king, instead of just admitting that was part of his name.  In 2005, after the WWE released the Ultimate Warrior documentary, he went on nutty rants attacking WWE employees who had little to do with the doc (Ross, Heenan, etc.).  Yeah, Warrior really was an insane dick.  

WWE "hero-izing" Warrior is really bizarre since there are plenty of people outside the business who know otherwise.  Warrior did a fair bit of public speaking after his wrestling career ended, so there's plenty of homophobic comments, racist rants, and just plain hate speech floating around out there.  It really wouldn't be hard to dig up enough to embarrass the company, and someone probably should.

Edit: Here's part of his comment about Heath Ledger:

By today's standard, though, I do have to agree that he was a great father. Perhaps even greater then the father of the year, Hulk Hogan. After all, Leather Hedger did what it took to kill himself. His kid is without a father, yes, but the negative influence is now removed and his own child has the chance for a full recovery.

Edit: Edited out references to wrong Heath.

• Haha 3

For someone so driven Warrior could be a negative and vitriolic POS and the documentary seemed to incite that ten fold. I've always been a fan of the guy and was always battling workrate marks about him back in the day, but I'd take one Bobby Heenan skit over Warrior's entire career

• Like 3

The way they heroize the Warrior means either he was Stephanie's first love or one of her favorite wrestlers. I mean he never made a super ton of money for Vince, he wasn't very well liked by his co-workers and by the office (outside of maybe Linda McMahon). I don't get exactly why they trump up the Warrior when there are a ton of other dead wrestlers who could fill that void with way less baggage.

3 hours ago, Horton Hears a Wooo!!! said:

WWE "hero-izing" Warrior is really bizarre since there are plenty of people outside the business who know otherwise.  Warrior did a fair bit of public speaking after his wrestling career ended, so there's plenty of homophobic comments, racist rants, and just plain hate speech floating around out there.  It really wouldn't be hard to dig up enough to embarrass the company, and someone probably should.

A lot of us have seen/read about his diatribes as they happened so it's quite easy to dig up dirt.  I'm up for doing this but feel the more that show these to the right outlets the better.

But honestly, is anybody THAT surprised they'd "hero-ize" Warrior for Susan G. Komen?  It's a bullshit organization that pockets most of their money, and they only cared about Warrior because they saw he could make them money a couple years ago.  If it was me running WWE I'd say to hell with both of them.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2

Just wanted to vent my disbelief.

i can't understand why WWE wouldn't broadcast Starrcade on the Network. How do you put on over 200 events a year (raw, sd, 205, nxt) PLUS PPVs, then load up house show cards and not offer them. This is exactly what the Network was made for.  This is like that card a year ago or something where Brock Lesnar was appearing and people were clamoring to see it. 

Dear WWE:  PEOPLE ARE ACTUALLY EXCITED FOR ONE OF YOUR SHOWS. THIS IS THE TIME TO TAKE ADVANTAGE OF IT.

• Like 3

18 minutes ago, twiztor said:

Just wanted to vent my disbelief.

i can't understand why WWE wouldn't broadcast Starrcade on the Network. How do you put on over 200 events a year (raw, sd, 205, nxt) PLUS PPVs, then load up house show cards and not offer them. This is exactly what the Network was made for.  This is like that card a year ago or something where Brock Lesnar was appearing and people were clamoring to see it. 

Dear WWE:  PEOPLE ARE ACTUALLY EXCITED FOR ONE OF YOUR SHOWS. THIS IS THE TIME TO TAKE ADVANTAGE OF IT.

It's to boost house show attendance. If you show it, those people might not have incentive to go?

5 hours ago, Matt D said:

It's to boost house show attendance. If you show it, those people might not have incentive to go?

Lookatthat! Look at all those people who came dressed as empty chairs!

• Haha 1