DVDVR Message Board

OCT 2017 WRESTLING JIBBER JABBER

RIPPA

1 hour ago, Ace said:

D-Young is heel on Raw house shows. And there are (thankfully censored) pictures of Cornette whipping his package out (to piss on a cardboard Russo) at a live Prichard show.

Homage to anniversary of Pillman’s death, who once threatened to pull out his dick at the ECW arena and piss... I think on the fans? ;)

45 minutes ago, odessasteps said:

Homage to anniversary of Pillman’s death, who once threatened to pull out his dick at the ECW arena and piss... I think on the fans? ;)

All over the ring, I believe, was the threat.

The general gist is that supposedly Neville was originally supposed to lose to Enzo in the lumberjack match yesterday and he walked out of RAW

PWS says that while they can't confirm details they are at least hearing there is some truth to the details

First Aries then Neville. 205Live is cursed.

Neville was an amazing champ. It was odd when he lost the belt to Tozawa and then won it back right away. I'm interested to hear more news as it comes out. I guess Neville goes back to Dragon Gate if he really is gone from WWE.

Is there any really good male wrestler out there today who wouldn't be a good fit for NJPW?

Maybe some deathmatch people, though I don't know who's considered great in that area. Back at the end of his wrestling career I might have said CM Punk. But in general it seems like New Japan is well-suited to get something good out of most anybody with talent.

How about Dolph Ziggler IN NJPW. Ahahaha! Neville's jacked up enough he should be a credible heavyweight in New Japan where the average height is much lower.

They’re not dumb enough to let Neville go are they? I mean they had months of Neville/Braun teaming up before Braun finally destroys his little buddy.

Im kind of hoping this is Neville is released from his 205 duties and will now take on Jinder for the title after the India tour.

• Like 1

On 10/5/2017 at 11:01 PM, Brian Fowler said:

It's the twentieth anniversary of my favorite match of all-time, as Natural mentioned. 

But it's also the twentieth anniversary of the death of Brian Fucking Pillman, and that always makes it bittersweet at best.

I messed up forgetting this. I think to Brian Pillman in War Games, against Jushin Thunder Liger, THAT first ECW promo and him in the new Hart Foundation. R.I.P.

Sandman told this story that Tajiri would really lay his kicks in and then feign not knowing english until you hit him back. Sandman was saying it as a knock he thought it was funny. 

One story about foreign wrestlers I love is how Khalli only knew english on offense. Also going into restaurants and saying Hornswoggle and Mark Henry were his children. 

So I started watching 2000 Raw while I have the Network. I had to skip November and December 9 because it was becoming a slog to get thru. They were still trying to imitate Russo's nonsense. 

There is subtle but significant difference between 1999 and 2000 WWF but I can't place it beyond match quality being way up. The angles seem different too. 

Funny thing on an early episode in 2000. 

Ivory: King you are a pervert. 

King: Yeah I know. 

On 10/6/2017 at 7:36 PM, Eivion said:

So aside from the 92 match what are the best War Games matches? It stopped being a thing by the time I really got into wrestling so I've never seen more than one or two when looking at past matches.

1991, 1994 and 1996. 1996 seems to be underrated.