DVDVR Message Board

OCT 2017 WRESTLING JIBBER JABBER

RIPPA

12 minutes ago, kafkonia said:

Hasn't stopped them from showing Jinder Mahal.

Funny you should mention that. I decided to go to this show (and the wife asked me about it a little bit ago). Today I went to buy tickets and I re-looked at the card and it's like rematch best of 100 for almost all of them. Then I saw what @Ramsey said and now I'm not so sure. 

Something happened at the NXT tapings that people have been waiting for for a LONG time

I am waiting to see if the WWE spoils it before saying anything further.

• Like 2

14 minutes ago, RIPPA said:

Something happened at the NXT tapings that people have been waiting for for a LONG time

I am waiting to see if the WWE spoils it before saying anything further.

And On a night Hunter is not there, to boot.

Well since it's the name of the show and Triple H tweeted it...

(I am using spoilers just as your last warning but it's basically gonna be impossible to avoid)

Spoiler

• Like 5

19 minutes ago, Raziel403 said:

I'm setting the Cody/Brandi bitching tweets about this over/under at 7.

Spoiler

Cody and Brandi should take up their complaints with Delirious. If he were capable of building anybody to look good, we have gotten a very good ROH vs. BC steel cage warfare.

Gabe at his worst is world's better than Delirious.

Spoilered just in case since it ties together with what we're trying not to spoil

6 minutes ago, Nice Guy Eddie said:

I think HHH would be smart enough to rig the wheel.

I thought the Wheel *WAS* Rigged, Watts just thought that running a Coal Miners Glove in Philly was a good idea.

32 minutes ago, Nice Guy Eddie said:

I think HHH would be smart enough to rig the wheel.

If Vince rigged it, we’d get the Michael Cole Miners Glove match. 

I don’t even know what that’d be, but the joke was there. 

2 hours ago, joseph2112 said:

Funny you should mention that. I decided to go to this show (and the wife asked me about it a little bit ago). Today I went to buy tickets and I re-looked at the card and it's like rematch best of 100 for almost all of them. Then I saw what @Ramsey said and now I'm not so sure. 

I got free tickets to see the SDL show here in Kingston. Headliner was Mahal/Nak. The crowd was hyped for Nak's entrance. Then the bell rang. It was probably the worst match on the card. And at a house show, rolling out a rug in the ring for Mahal to do his spiel looks really goofy. I guess they figure Indians kinda look like Iranians who used to be Persians who have rugs named after them?

31 minutes ago, Raziel403 said:

I thought the Wheel *WAS* Rigged, Watts just thought that running a Coal Miners Glove in Philly was a good idea.

Coal Miner's Glove was a pretty great gimmick in Mid South most of the time. There are a few really good, really heated ones. It's what he knew.

1 hour ago, RIPPA said:

Well since it's the name of the show and Triple H tweeted it...

(I am using spoilers just as your last warning but it's basically gonna be impossible to avoid)

Reveal hidden contents

Photo taken as it was announced:

wargamesnxt_0.jpg

Long time in the making. NXT gives out great services for fans. Something thinking back to what NXT was/started out at to what it is.

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, Nice Guy Eddie said:

What Watts didn't know was his audience.

It's late 1992 WCW. I'm not entirely convinced there WAS an audience. The issue with Watts was that he hadn't followed wrestling at all for the years since he stopped promoting and he had been tuned out for the last year anyway. The business was in a very different place in 1987. If he had come in during 89 like was initially rumored, it might have been different.

As for the gimmick itself, they could have done it without the wheel, play up that it was a version of Jake's snake-handling glove, loaded, or a way for Sting to neutralize the snake being out there. 100% could have worked except for the fact that they set it up in a way where they literally couldn't build it to the fans. 

There's an awesome Michael Hayes vs Ted Dibiase Glove on a Pole match, for instance, but that had a ton of things going for it, including Ted kicking out the Million Dollar Glove a few months early.

30 minutes ago, PetrolCB said:

If Vince rigged it, we’d get the Michael Cole Miners Glove match. 

I don’t even know what that’d be, but the joke was there. 

The glove was on a pole, so Michael Cole on a Pole.

4 minutes ago, The Natural said:

Photo taken as it was announced:

Hide contents

wargamesnxt_0.jpg

Long time in the making. NXT gives out great services for fans. Something thinking back to what NXT was/started out at to what it is.

Another:

DLVWuLQUIAAMSF5.jpg

I think we all know what kind of person the Fabulous Moolah was. She did a lot of awful things to the girls she trained. She was as scummy (perhaps scummier) than the worst male promoter. But today she is looked at as a hero for this generation of fans and young lady wrestlers. It should stay that way, sometimes the lie is better than the reality of a person. 

Warrior I feel is the same way. He was most certainly an abhorrent person, but if some ideal of him can do some good, I say let him. 

If Warrior had lived, I am sure he would have nuked this already by saying something terrible. 

• Like 1

Spoiler

Takeover is in the same building as Survivor Series, right?  There's no way they're going to reconfigure the building from 2 rings to 1, RIGHT??  I mean they are already making the cage and it's going to be hanging above the ring right?!?!?!!!  And they sure seem to be setting up Shield/Someone vs Miz/Bar/Braun RIGHT?!?!?!  And there has to be a reason NXT is doing 3 vs 3 vs 3 rather than the traditional 2 team War Games RIGHT?!!?!?!?!?!

Good lord all my pants are so gone at the possibilities right now.  

also... 

DLVZUXiUIAAqXRe.jpg

• Like 3