DVDVR Message Board

OCT 2017 WRESTLING JIBBER JABBER

RIPPA

12 hours ago, Victator said:

Does it matter? I get sick of people saying "oh they were trolling" as if that makes something less stupid. "Hey guys I trolled the bank when I robbed it." followed by "I totally trolled the cops by getting arrested. They took the bait." 

12 hours ago, sabremike said:

You just compared a spot in a wrestling match to robbing a bank and getting arrested. I don't even know what to say.

And lets be honest. It's not like he committed a serious crime against wrestling. He was doing something silly in front of a few hundred people. I've spent the last decade watching Nattie have no idea how to setup the sharpshooter.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Absolutely gutted to hear about the LAW. They just celebrated their 20th anniversary this year. I'm a huge fan of all their podcast content, my daily bus ride to and from work is going to be less entertaining now. Hopefully they all manage to find new work soon. Especially John Pollock who has a new born baby to provide for. Impact collateral damage is the worst.

• Thanks 1

Just hit me that Keeping It 2000, an absolutely hilarious week by week recap of 2000 Nitro, will need a new home. So terrible.

I know it’s different revenue streams  but I bet if Anthem had sold the Broken gimmick they could have paid those guys’s salary for another year.

On that note, think about these layoffs when ADR comes swaggering back this week. Bah.

• Sad 1

42 minutes ago, Hagan said:

I know it’s different revenue streams  but I bet if Anthem had sold the Broken gimmick they could have paid those guys’s salary for another year.

The Hardys should have used it anyway and dared Anthem to sue them. Everybody suspected they were broke then and now we know it. 

Ok sometime within the last few months I saw a gif on here of a Japanese death match where a light tube contraption swung down and sandwiched a dude in a corner. Does anyone know what I'm talking about, and if so can I get some more information on that?

7 minutes ago, madsplash said:

Ok sometime within the last few months I saw a gif on here of a Japanese death match where a light tube contraption swung down and sandwiched a dude in a corner. Does anyone know what I'm talking about, and if so can I get some more information on that?

You're asking for a friend, right?

4 hours ago, John Austin said:

There was talk all over wrestling twitter about the Club possibly leaving, any official word on that is that just Rumours?

I think it's just rumors that had been swirling around.

For comparison, claims going on are that these weren't the first cuts and if they're not on the European tour (with the obvious exception of Roman), they are potentially on the chopping block. Karl Anderson said he and Gallows are on the European tour.

After attending our city's version of Comic Con and only seeing Bullet Club shirts as far as ANY wrestling merchandise goes, Gallows and Anderson really are better off just quitting now and riding something that is arrowing upwards and cashing in on it now and potentially making it stronger than continuing to profit off something that will lead to a Sunday text anyway.

• RIPPA locked, unpinned and unfeatured this topic