DVDVR Message Board

OCT 2017 WRESTLING JIBBER JABBER

RIPPA

34 minutes ago, paintedbynumbers said:

I heard Lana was released.  Any truth to this?   I can't see them releasing someone that had as big a role on total divas as Lana  but it's WWE so who knows.

Probably someone getting her confused with Summer.

• Haha 2

Yeah meanwhile in the same week Enzo is interviewed by TMZ clearly coked out of his mind leaving an LA club mocking his locker room ban and is featured heavily on television every week - it's no wonder people like Corbin & Lio Rush are being brain-dead on social media. I do agree he brought it on himself and the virus spread very quickly, twitter is hell sometimes. I like Lio, he's clearly a suggestive naive kid but I doubt he was intending to be malicious, he'll learn from it. 

Backlund still being employed is a shock to me.

14 minutes ago, Rick said:

Yeah meanwhile in the same week Enzo is interviewed by TMZ clearly coked out of his mind leaving an LA club mocking his locker room ban and is featured heavily on television every week - it's no wonder people like Corbin & Lio Rush are being brain-dead on social media. I do agree he brought it on himself and the virus spread very quickly, twitter is hell sometimes. I like Lio, he's clearly a suggestive naive kid but I doubt he was intending to be malicious, he'll learn from it. 

Backlund still being employed is a shock to me.

I have a theory that I've posted about on another board, that if Enzo got fired and Lio Rush made the same tweet, nobody would even bat an eye or care.

21 minutes ago, Dolfan in NYC said:

Hey, he brought it on himself.  

Also, it should be noted that the last original Nexus member left standing is...  Heath Slater. 

Jesus who would have seen that coming.

I honestly would've thought that Wade Barrett would be a multiple time WWE Champion by now.

What a missed opportunity. 

26 minutes ago, Dolfan in NYC said:

Hey, he brought it on himself.  

Also, it should be noted that the last original Nexus member left standing is...  Heath Slater. 

Jesus who would have seen that coming.

Otunga

5 minutes ago, The Nature Boy said:

I honestly would've thought that Wade Barrett would be a multiple time WWE Champion by now.

What a missed opportunity. 

He caused those misses, getting injured so much. The WWE gets gun-shy giving pushes to guys that get hurt a lot: look at Ken Kennedy when he got hurt after winning MITB. They immediately took the case off him (and wisely so because he wasn't cut out to be a top WWE star), and even Orton got pushed to the back for several years when he was constantly aggravating his bad shoulder. And obviously Daniel Bryan is "Exhibit A" for being gun-shy.

2 minutes ago, Marty Sugar said:

He caused those misses, getting injured so much. The WWE gets gun-shy giving pushes to guys that get hurt a lot: look at Ken Kennedy when he got hurt after winning MITB. They immediately took the case off him (and wisely so because he wasn't cut out to be a top WWE star), and even Orton got pushed to the back for several years when he was constantly aggravating his bad shoulder. And obviously Daniel Bryan is "Exhibit A" for being gun-shy.

You could make the argument that he should've had one reign during the Nexus angle. I would've had him go over Orton at Survivor Series after Cena helps him win (since the stipulation was that a Barrett win frees Cena from Nexus but an Orton wins means that Cena is fired). 

Also, I would've had Nexus last until WrestleMania with Barrett riding in as WWE Champion. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Rick said:

Yeah meanwhile in the same week Enzo is interviewed by TMZ clearly coked out of his mind leaving an LA club mocking his locker room ban and is featured heavily on television every week - it's no wonder people like Corbin & Lio Rush are being brain-dead on social media. I do agree he brought it on himself and the virus spread very quickly, twitter is hell sometimes.

Where Lio really messed up is with the 'sorry if you were offended' speech that never does anyone good. The joke was bad, but pretty easily forgiven with a frankly simpler apology.

You're right about Enzo. Cheese on a cracker, was he coked/drunk/smoked out of his gourd in that TMZ video.  That will do him no favors backstage, but he's the only thing keeping 205 Live on the radar for even most diehard fans. So he's clearly a case of value exceeding risk. At least for now.

WWE apparently has access to all their talents' Twitter accounts, so I don't know how they're allowed to keep digging holes for themselves on that front. 

A potential problem I see happening is one alluded to already: what happens when something bad is said about someone and the locker room doesn't defend said person? It doesn't have to be an Enzo situation. Just someone who maybe keeps to themselves more but has a vocal fanbase online? Wrestling social media is crazier than wrestling itself, and that's saying something. I can see feathers being ruffled and lines being drawn over who's with the cool crowd inside the locker room. Seems like a problem that could be avoided with better etiquette. But wrestlers aren't known for being a polite bunch, present company excluded in DVDVR.

• Like 2

After both Dancin' Emma and Emmalina went to hell with Emma seeming to mentally check out on both of them I figured she was on thinner ice than most realized, but the timing is still odd.  I assume it got to the point where someone in a position of power basically went "are we ever gonna do something with this person again or not?" and when they realized it was not figured it'd be better to give the spot to someone who they might do something with someday.  Sucks for Emma, but hopefully it'll be a blessing for the next lady up.

I think I was just about the only fan of Darren Young, mainly because he would bump like a fool sometimes.  Thought he could have made a good "name jobber" like Hawkins, but if he was ever gonna put things together to be more than that he likely would have done it by now.

I forgot Summer Rae existed until I saw that she was released.

Solid, well-researched, article from the AP today on Ric Flair:

http://triblive.com/sports/nationworldsports/12889768-74/ric-flair-up-from-deathbed-set-to-style-profile

Admits his relationship with David is strained. Is hoping to make an appearance on 11/13 Raw from Atlanta.

(Mods, if you want to move this to the Flair health thread go for it.)

7 minutes ago, Peck said:

Solid, well-researched, article from the AP today on Ric Flair:

http://triblive.com/sports/nationworldsports/12889768-74/ric-flair-up-from-deathbed-set-to-style-profile

Admits his relationship with David is strained. Is hoping to make an appearance on 11/13 Raw from Atlanta.

(Mods, if you want to move this to the Flair health thread go for it.)

Without checking it out yet (and I will), my initial scroll went to the pic of him and HBK, and holy shit, I can’t believe we’re coming up on ten f’n years since that “retirement match”. Goddamn. 

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, paintedbynumbers said:

WWE logic is so weird. Fire Jimmy who isn't even an on air talent for getting a pic w the BC  yet Zack Ryder (an on air talent) can tweet pics with his gf Chelsea from TNA and nobody bats an eye. Typical political BS  even if BC is a bigger name than Chelsea.

The difference is one guy is taking a photo with his gf who works in another organization and another is taking one during an event that was clearly designed to (and succeeded) piss the WWE off.  If Zack showed up at a TNA taping to support his gf, I'd expect the same treatment.

It's not a WWE thing, that's the workplace culture.  People in the crosshairs get fired all the time for stuff that doesn't seem THAT bad.  And people who are toeing the company line and not making trouble get slaps on the wrist.

Pretty sure we'll know which side Rush is on real quick.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, username said:

After both Dancin' Emma and Emmalina went to hell with Emma seeming to mentally check out on both of them I figured she was on thinner ice than most realized, but the timing is still odd.  I assume it got to the point where someone in a position of power basically went "are we ever gonna do something with this person again or not?" and when they realized it was not figured it'd be better to give the spot to someone who they might do something with someday.  Sucks for Emma, but hopefully it'll be a blessing for the next lady up.

I think I was just about the only fan of Darren Young, mainly because he would bump like a fool sometimes.  Thought he could have made a good "name jobber" like Hawkins, but if he was ever gonna put things together to be more than that he likely would have done it by now.

I forgot Summer Rae existed until I saw that she was released.

The moment Emma changed her Instagram account to her real name I knew she was gone.  Just surprised it took this long.

Emma/Santino vs. Summer/Fandango is on the short list of best NXT matches and an all-time great comedy wrestling match. It was set up by a really great Emma/Summer dance-off angle. Emma came up and was paired with Santino solely based off of that match..

Emma is a pretty fun act. I always liked watching her matches. She's not as good as The Four Horsewomen, but she and Paige brought the house down and really put women's wrestling on the map in NXT and had a funny character. 

Summer Rae was really misused. Great character work.

• Like 2

Emma's stuff in NXT since being sent back there were as good as anyones. That PPV match with Asuka was fantastic, she came off as a total star there.

Being on the main roster doesn't suit her at all, 5 minute matches, those awkward backstage promos that she doesn't seem to care for making an effort/play "pretend". I assume she comes back to MCW quick smart.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, RolandTHTG said:

Emma's stuff in NXT since being sent back there were as good as anyones. That PPV match with Asuka was fantastic, she came off as a total star there.

Being on the main roster doesn't suit her at all, 5 minute matches, those awkward backstage promos that she doesn't seem to care for making an effort/play "pretend". I assume she comes back to MCW quick smart.

Whichever company books Toni Storm versus Emma gets my money first.