DVDVR Message Board

OCT 2017 WRESTLING JIBBER JABBER

RIPPA

1 hour ago, Web Conn said:

Watching old clips of wrestlers on The Arsenio Hall Show and there's a serious case to be made about putting Arsenio in the Celebrity Wing of the WWE Hall of Fame. He clearly is a fan that is having a blast. He keeps kayfabe he pushes the storyline and the show that the talent is their to promote and he is genuine in his approach and not condescending or anything about it being wrestling. Arsenio is a fan and it's evident. 

That would easily be the first petition I would sign in my life.

8 hours ago, Ace said:

We've waited far too fucking long for Cyndi Lauper to get into the Hall of Fame. FFS, Bruno's even in.

What this man said. I got nothing against Arsenio, but Cyndi should've been in basically as soon as they opened the celebrity wing.

Edit: and after they snubbed him last minute for Snoop, Regis should probably go in before any other talk show host.

9 hours ago, Michael Sweetser said:

I remember before Survivor Series 91, they had LOD v. Nastys on Arsenio, with Jake Roberts as guest commentator.  I think the LOD went over in a quick squash, then Jake brought out the cobra and they quickly went to commercial.

For those who’ve never seen it. 

1 hour ago, JohnnyJ said:

I don't know it its performance art or what but at some point he became the King Neville character. 

He likely just didn't want to break character when there was a camera on him, even for Ride Along.  Kind of refreshing in a weird way.  Now if we find out he really was like that when hanging out then I'd worry.

11 hours ago, Brian Fowler said:

What this man said. I got nothing against Arsenio, but Cyndi should've been in basically as soon as they opened the celebrity wing.

Edit: and after they snubbed him last minute for Snoop, Regis should probably go in before any other talk show host.

Muhammad Ali should go in before Cyndi. 

3 hours ago, Dolfan in NYC said:

BTW, people are speculating wildly over what happened.  Do not be one of them.  

So you don't want to read my fanfic about how KO and his wife are secret agents working for the Canadian government, and they were called in by the Prime Minister to infiltrate an illegal gambling operation that was taking bets on curling in the stock room of a Tim Hortons?  I promise there aren't that many Alan Thicke jokes in it.

• Like 4
  • Haha 3

Taking a break from podcasts on my morning work commute and decided to binge Being The Elite. I'm like halfway through. I know that it becomes basically a variety show to promote angles later but it's funny that the first year is basically just a document of how fucking tired the Jacksons and Omega are from their insane travel, mixed with cool sight-seeing and match highlights. 

Sports Illustrated is claiming that the story with Nia Jax is that she was supposed to lose clean to Sasha Banks at TLC. She wasn't happy about that and she called the Rock and the Rock told her that if she was unhappy, she should leave.

Use whatever amounts of salt you find necessary (especially if you scroll down in the story and see the part about when AJ Styles "became a star"

https://www.si.com/2017/10/25/wrestling-news-nia-jax-dwayne-johnson-wwe

It's been noted before that there isn't much indy wise for Women to do so what would Nia do if she left the WWE? Joshi isnt a big as it once was, Shimmer isn't as big as it once was. Where does she go? what does she do?