DVDVR Message Board

OCT 2017 WRESTLING JIBBER JABBER

RIPPA

I think the women are in the worst position.  If one day WWE decides they don't want to push you anymore (which seems to be the case with Bayley) that's your whole career down the drain. She went from being a clear star of the division for years to come and probably selling million of t-shirts and other merch to where she is now...  in a very short time..   and there is nowhere for her to go.   

• Like 4

Yep. WWE is the pinnacle if you're a woman. You can certainly get some bookings and sell a decent amount of merch on your own. But WWE offers greater career opportunities, both in and out the ring. If they love you, that is. If they don't, OOF. Unless you've got good non-wrestling connections and can parlay those into a non-wrestling career, you're stuck.

What was the saying?   WWE workers are Vince McMahon playing with toys in a toybox?   He'll play with his favorite toy till he gets bored with it and tosses it back in the box, and if you're REALLY lucky, he'll pull you out of the toybox and play with you again someday.

• Like 1

I'd totally be up for a redux of Wolfpac vs Goldberg with the Shield as the Wolfpac and Lesnar as Goldberg. 

Makes the most sense - Lesnar has to go through all 3 members of the Shield to get his title back, one by one, the occasional multi-man tag that elevates guys along the way (uneasy alliance with Braun, Big E, etc)  

Meltzer said on the radio show that the idea of Champion vs. Champion between the two brands has been on the table for awhile. It is just that they are pulling the trigger now when it's Brock/Jinder

9 hours ago, RolandTHTG said:

I'd totally be up for a redux of Wolfpac vs Goldberg with the Shield as the Wolfpac and Lesnar as Goldberg. 

Makes the most sense - Lesnar has to go through all 3 members of the Shield to get his title back, one by one, the occasional multi-man tag that elevates guys along the way (uneasy alliance with Braun, Big E, etc)  

Gonna be awesome when Lesnar puts his hand through a car window.  

Then again, at this point, the window would be the one going to the hospital.  Excuse me, medical facility.

• Like 1

On 10/15/2017 at 1:24 AM, Niners Fan in CT said:

I've seen no evidence to suggest that Roman Reigns is a needle mover with TV or puts asses in seats.  He moves merch but anyone with a sustained push moves merch.  See Randy Orton.  I agree that if you are going to push him as THE GUY then sure,  go ahead and do it..  but we've seen enough at this point, I don't think he has it to be a John Cena level draw,  never mind a Rock or an Austin.  They need to be giving guys like AJ Styles more of an opportunity to run with the ball.  At least he's an example of someone who is universally loved.  This shit with Roman (who again,  I think is REALLY good..) has been treading water for 4 years. 

WWE continues to have a blind spot with Roman. It's not about big moments (they've given him plenty). It's not about great performances (he's one of the better workers on the roster). It's about the audience investing in him. Instead of coming up with some 8-month long master plan to have Roman go over Brock at Mania they need to dumb it down to the basics. Why is someone supposed to like Roman Reigns on a personal level?

12 hours ago, Oyaji said:

New Japan is pretty much maxed out on foreigners and has the strong Japanese sense of loyalty to older natives and foreigners that perhaps should be let go at this point.

Not entirely.  New Japan's tag team scene is thinner than Baron Corbin's hairline right now, and they definitely don't seem to mind not having any natives there.  They can only do so many War Machine vs Guerrillas of Destiny vs Killer Elite Squad matches. 

On 10/15/2017 at 10:05 AM, Oyaji said:

Superstar-Category_Superstar_562x408_big

-X0t_VTF.jpg

"God damn pal... we can't have him as the face of the company. He's only 5 feet tall. HA! Our superstars need to be bigger than life pal! God damn!"

Seriously, unless Big E finds a way to magically add about 4 more inches of height, he's never getting a main event run. Even though I whole heartedly agree he deserves one, and could excel if given the chance. 

37 minutes ago, joseph2112 said:

I think I see WWE's long game here. If they burn through every possible match combo by WM, the only thing left will be Lesnar/Reigns. It's genius long term booking, really.

If they are going ahead with the Lesnar v. Reigns, please give us Vince on commentary. We need an update of that gif where Vince has an orgasm and falls out of his chair. 

25 minutes ago, JonnyLaw said:

Wasn't Big E a Vince vanity project until his IC run failed?

That's the rumour. Vince backed Big E and Triple H supported Roman. Still, isn't The Rock the only #1 brand/A world champion in WWE history that's black (and he's half black)? Henry and Booker had the secondary world title but Vince's history with black wrestlers is appalling. 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, RIPPA said:

WWE has officially announced that Reigns vs Braun Cage match will be on RAW tonight

I swear they officially announced this cage match during RAW last week. There was a graphic and everything.