DVDVR Message Board

OCT 2017 WRESTLING JIBBER JABBER

RIPPA

Was listening to Tony S' podcast on Bash at the Beach 1994 and a weird question popped into my head. Have Hulk Hogan and Mick Foley ever been in the same ring together? This is one of the few ppvs they've ever been on together but I was wondering if they'd actually had any onscreen interaction together. Fairly certain they've never had a match but any promos or anything like that?

Right when Hogan and Bischoff started at TNA - there was a whole angle around Foley being freaked out about Hogan being in TNA which somehow spun into a feud with Bischoff

The whole angle though was Foley wanting to speak with Hogan and honestly - I don't remember if it ever happened on camera

• Like 1

Also, while taking advantage of the International Date Line to work 372 days per year, Hogan picked up some extra Yen moonlighting as Leatherface#2 in FMW because Linda really wanted a kitchen remodel.  He and Cactus Jack had a few matches during that period, I'd assume.

• Like 2
  • Haha 5

20 minutes ago, RIPPA said:

No, seriously, was that a Sami heel turn, or did they both turn face and I not notice it?  (Jesus, yes... /s) 

I'm still 50/50 on them doing a double title switch on these two shows.

6 hours ago, JohnnyJ said:

My fear is what the eventual all-womens show is going to  look like. Unless they put  more thought into it's going to be 205 live 2.0.

I think an all-female show would get improved focus & better quality control.  Women by default have a bigger voice in the entertainment community - fans and performers alike - to challenge any discriminatory or poorly regulated decisions.  205 lb. flippity fuckers got no representation to stand up for them.

2 hours ago, RIPPA said:

KO is still a heel. Why book Jinder against a face when he is going to be treated (in theory) like a face in front of that crowd

I know.  The kids these days use " /s " to indicate they are being sarcastic.  

HOWEVER, I am very not kidding about thinking they'll double switch the World title on the India tour.  We know how Vince feels about faces and "hometown" jobs. 

Kids at all points in history referred to as these days are "stupid". It's stale. Try something new. Kids these days are worse than the Ultimate Warrior! Kids these days keep stealing Rippa's hubcaps. Kids these days refuse to watch Michinoku Pro's "These Days" because it's not on Netflix!

1 hour ago, Brandon-E said:

I don't think Jinder Mahal's push is as forced as the push Jeff Jarrett got in 2000 WCW. Am I correct? 

I think it's worse. Jarrett was never treated as strictly a jobber like Jinder. Jarrett was always at the IC/US title level. Jinder's push is the equivalent of Boris Zhukov winning the world title in 1989.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Ryan said:

Kids these days refuse to watch Michinoku Pro's "These Days" because it's not on Netflix!

I hope this hasn't happened to any of the DVDVR dad's. That would crush me. It's probably for the better I don't have kids.

12 minutes ago, Web Conn said:

If Jinder goes over I will fucking lose it.

There is no way Brock agrees to job to Jinder fucking Mahal. Brock should win in about 20 seconds after one F5. For good measure, let the Bollywood Boyz bump like madmen for Brock.