DVDVR Message Board

OCT 2017 WRESTLING JIBBER JABBER

RIPPA

Was it ever confirmed why Aires left? I know the most realistic sounding situation was that he asked to move on from the CW division and was told no, so he asked to leave. I could see them pulling that same thing with Neville, which would be completely ridiculous considering the guy almost beat Cena in one of those United States title open challenges. 

With Aries there were rumblingz that it was a combination of factors. He wasn't happy with his role. He wasn't happy with his pay. His body was beat up and wasn't happy working a full time schedule. 

Part of me still thinks the Neville stuff is a work. It doesn't make sense why he would be fighting Kalisto for a title shot. 

7 minutes ago, JohnnyJ said:

Part of me still thinks the Neville stuff is a work. It doesn't make sense why he would be fighting Kalisto for a title shot. 

The leap from "this doesn't make sense" to "this couldn't have been the WWE writers' plan" is a long one, though.

• Like 1

Everyone shits on Ziggler at this point (and a good bit of it is justified) but if he went to New Japan I think he would be real good. A lot of the guys in WWE are much better than the system gives them a chance to be (see Juice Robinson) and I definitely think Ziggler fits in that category. I've seen him have tremendous house show matches so I know he has it in him.

3 hours ago, Horton Hears a Wooo!!! said:

Has anyone ever walked out on the live tv show and come back from that.  

Looks like Odessasteps got it, but Austin's walk out has to be the most obvious one.

Of course it goes without saying that Neville is no Stone Cold, so he's probably done if that's the case. It's not that big of a deal, since he hit his ceiling as far as what WWE was likely to do with him. He was a big part of establishing NXT on the network, got a couple years of decent pay being a low carder/designated spot-fest guy, then even got to be the central figure of a new show (that failed for reasons unrelated to his performance). I can see why he thinks it's time to move on if he cares about the art more than the money.

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, Casey said:

Yes, getting fired for taking a picture with the Bullet Club is perfectly reasonable. I await Sami Zayn and AJ Styles' release for appearing on Being the Elite any day now.

From Meltzer's update

Several WWE wrestlers had actually appeared on Being the Elite in recent times, including Kevin Owens, Sami Zayn, and AJ Styles making cameo appearances on an episode that was released in August, but the situation clearly changed when the reaction to the mock invasion wasn't taken well by WWE.

14 minutes ago, Wyld Samurai said:

Matt Pinfield was a big deal in 1999/2000

Matt Pinfield is a really cool guy. He grew up around the corner from my grandmother's former house, and he went to high school with my mother and aunt.

• Like 1

Different standard for producers than the talent,  unfortunately. Hopefully this is one of those "go home and learn your lesson and we'll bring you back in six months" deals like they did with people like Finlay. Sucks that Jimmy got fired and I imagine he, like everyone else involved, didn't anticipate the reaction. 

The whole thing was just ill-conceived. It went from parody to actively mocking the WWE's business. That's going to get you heat.

5 minutes ago, Hagan said:

Different standard for producers than the talent, unfortunately. Hopefully this is one of those "go home and learn your lesson and we'll bring you back in six months" deals like they did with people like Finlay. 

I hope so. I was happy Jacobs was able to get a job in the 'E that didn't require him to wreck his body any further.

• Like 1

What was the dumb shit TNA did a few years back when the WWE was in Orlando and they had like Abyss and other people show up to give them balloons? I think they had to blur out Rey Mysterio or something. I can't recall if anything came of that or if WWE was already in the phase of not even deigning that TNA exists (which, honestly, is the most hilariously petty thing they've ever done. They'll acknowledge obscure indies but ignore a company that was watched by a million people for a few years. )