DVDVR Message Board

OCT 2017 WRESTLING JIBBER JABBER

RIPPA

Ah, I found the twitter exchange. Bischoff is better off to just not talk about wrestling. I'm a Josh Barnett fan so I may be bit biased. I also remember what Bischoff thought was good wrestling...so...

Years ago I attended a talk with one of the producers of Curb Your Enthusiasm.  All anyone wanted to know was what  Larry David was really like.  He explained that what you see on tv is more or less his real life. His life is an awkward comedic performance. 

I see Cornette the same way. He is stuck inside a wrestling tv show of his own making. I mean, we're having a conversation about whether he was right to have cut a money promo on a Dairy Queen employee.

Cornette should get the blame for the Santino stuff. Cornette prides himself on being a wrestling historian. How often does a handshake segment go as planned? 

• Like 1

41 minutes ago, JohnnyJ said:

Cornette should get the blame for the Santino stuff. Cornette prides himself on being a wrestling historian. How often does a handshake segment go as planned? 

LOl, now I'm envisioning Cornette walking into AT&T to get a new cell phone, and getting powerbombed through a table by Lily when he tries to sign the contract.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, Ramsey said:

Ah, I found the twitter exchange. Bischoff is better off to just not talk about wrestling. I'm a Josh Barnett fan so I may be bit biased. I also remember what Bischoff thought was good wrestling...so...

I was impressed how Barnett was able to shut him down. Long overdue

• Like 1

11 hours ago, thee Reverend Axl Future said:

A couple of my favorite signs (if you are over 10 years of age and 80 IQ, you have no reason to hold a sign): 

IVAN KOLOFF: RUSSIAN RETART

Sting is a STUPID world champion (I got a picture with this kid, he was a genius)

Big Van Vader how do you fit on the toilet? (w/the words getting smaller and trailing off because of poor planning)

- this is my "gee, Aunt Karen, what did you do differently to the stuffing this year, it sure is moist" Thanksgiving post because the adults won't stop fighting about stuff.

RAF

Their was a guy at RAW last week in the front that had a sign that read “I drove 400 miles Jinder Mahal” 

Did he run out of room to write “to see”?

Why did he drive 400 miles to RAW to see Smackdown champion Jinder Mahal? 

Still scratching my head. 

Also not to throw anymore gas on the fire but before security shows up you can already hear Jim telling Santino something to the effect of “that’s why you were a mid card comedy jobber”

Also not only did Santino call him a degenerate but a racist as well to which Cornette responds with a hilarious WTF! 

I find Cornette as two faced as about anyone else does but I think this was more about Santino still wanting some kind of revenge for getting slapped in the face in front of his son and humiliated. 

14 minutes ago, Zartan said:

Their was a guy at RAW last week in the front that had a sign that read “I drove 400 miles Jinder Mahal” 

Did he run out of room to write “to see”?

Why did he drive 400 miles to RAW to see Smackdown champion Jinder Mahal? 

Still scratching my head.  

Who knows. That's a lot of driving. Maybe he just wanted Jinder to know. Didn't care whether or not he saw him. 

Edit: It would be funny if there were a series of people bringing signs just telling Jinder boring mundane facts about their lives.

"I had a banana for breakfast Jinder Mahal."

"Kids are with the grandparents Jinder Mahal"

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2
  • Haha 10

5 hours ago, Ramsey said:

I'd pretty much fist fight someone for a chicken finger basket from DQ. They are pretty great here in Idaho.

Barnett vs. Bischoff on Twitter? Tell me more...

Someone want to summarize this for me?  I'm not on Twitter.

37 minutes ago, Horton Hears a Wooo!!! said:

Someone want to summarize this for me?  I'm not on Twitter.

See here

The man who hired Steve McMichael and Larry Zbyszko to do commentary doesn't have much room to talk.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Does anyone know what happened to Joe Thurman, the jobber who was injured fighting Vader in 92? WCW portrayed that Vader broke his back, but was that real or a wrestling exaggeration? If it was true, did he fully recover? Hadn't thought about him in years and he suddenly popped into my head

15 hours ago, Casey said:

Who goes to a goddamn Dairy Queen and actually eats anything other than their ice cream? Fucking savages, I tell ya.

DQ has damn good chicken strips. And decent burgers. Only issue is the nearest DQ is always full of kids running and screaming while their parents ignore that their kids are acting like heathens. 

17 minutes ago, Sky Blue Sam said:

Does anyone know what happened to Joe Thurman, the jobber who was injured fighting Vader in 92? WCW portrayed that Vader broke his back, but was that real or a wrestling exaggeration? If it was true, did he fully recover? Hadn't thought about him in years and he suddenly popped into my head

Actually, yeah, I know what happened to Joe Thurman.  The injury was legit.  Vader broke his back.  He lost feeling in his lower body, but regained partial sensation a few hours later.  Vader was supposedly very upset about the accident.  Foley claimed in his book that Vader broke down and cried when he realized how badly the kid was hurt.   I've heard that Vader wanted to ride to the ambulance with Thurman.

Thurman recovered fully but the accident ended his career.  He did work a couple dates after he got better, irrc, but never wrestled much again.  He switched careers and became a policeman.  He also founded/ran a clown circus.  Seriously.  Google NoJoe's Clown Circus (they have a website).  No idea if he's still involved with the circus, but it's still around.

From what I was told, Thurman doesn't blame Vader for the accident.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 3

12 minutes ago, Horton Hears a Wooo!!! said:

Actually, yeah, I know what happened to Joe Thurman.  The injury was legit.  Vader broke his back.  He lost feeling in his lower body, but regained partial sensation a few hours later.  Vader was supposedly very upset about the accident.  Foley claimed in his book that Vader broke down and cried when he realized how badly the kid was hurt.   I've heard that Vader wanted to ride to the ambulance with Thurman.

Thurman recovered fully but the accident ended his career.  He did work a couple dates after he got better, irrc, but never wrestled much again.  He switched careers and became a policeman.  He also founded/ran a clown circus.  Seriously.  Google NoJoe's Clown Circus (they have a website).  No idea if he's still involved with the circus, but it's still around.

From what I was told, Thurman doesn't blame Vader for the accident.

iZb6bUv.gif

• Like 13
  • Haha 2

1 hour ago, Cristobal said:

Everyone remember "The Progressive Liberal"?

Looks like someone in Scotland snagged his idea:

DLsMhMJW0AAUa2S.jpg

DLsMh6sXkAAEanv.jpg

I say book a match between Margaret Thatcher Guy and The Progressive Liberal

On 10/6/2017 at 6:04 PM, Ryan said:

What about all the IWA-MS and NWA Wildside/Anarchy War Games?!?! .....What?

The Anarchy ones are generally good cause they're built up to really well storyline-wise.  They aren't just doing a War Games match cause it's that time of year.

I like 2006 (Team Anarchy vs. Devil's Rejects) and 2007 (Devil's Rejects vs. NWA Elite) a lot.

2006 is on the Youtubes.

Team Anarchy promo.

And the match in 4 parts.

Spoiler